SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

***TEAM TOURNAMENT UP AND RUNNING***LAST POST****
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 23.08.2005 03:10    Post subject: ***TEAM TOURNAMENT UP AND RUNNING***LAST POST**** Reply with quote

The rules for the Tournament are every team in Bracket (A) will play each other Bracket (A) team ONE time and all Bracket (B) teams will play the other Bracket (B) teams. So, before the championship game, each player will have played the four same numbered players in their bracket (A or B). After all teams have played each other within their bracket, the top team from each bracket will play a best of three match for the championship. All other teams will play for 3rd-10th places.

For each match, players will get 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, and 0 points for a loss. Now, this means your result against another player. We will keep a tally of team's total points earned. To make sure you understand: Each player will have four different scores after they played the four other same numbered players in their bracket, each score will represent the result of each match you had against the same numbered players in your bracket. These four individual scores will then be added together with your teammates' scores, and that number will be your final tally to determine if you play for the championship. After both brackets have finished playing all their games—we will add up totals and the top team from each bracket will play each other. Also, if there is a tie--the top ranked player from your teams will play in a best of three tie-breaker match. Once you finish playing an entire team-we will add up the wins, draws, and losses and that will result with getting 2, 1, 0 points based from a win, draw, or loss against that overall team. If there is a tie, we will add up the individual match scores for each player on those teams.

The two brackets are listed below: I made it fair. I took the highest seed and put them in Bracket (A), then the 2nd highest in Bracket (B), then the 3rd highest in Bracket (A), and so on. So under each team is that teams numbered players (1-4). Each player will play the same numbered players from the other teams in your bracket only. For example, I being #2 in Bracket B will play against Agresor, blue, Brass, and dcAnnies.

All games will be played as unranked regular classic. All games will not be allowed to be watched. A player may play any of the players with the same number whenever he likes, but do not post results until your entire team has played that entire team. Be honest everyone, and remember let's have fun.

Below this post, put your results after you have played an entire team. Good luck all.

A1. Team USA
1. tableplay (1513)
2. StrategyStar (1639)
3. OGETARTS (1492) (C)
4. Apollo (1618)
Total points = 6262

A2. Teamsters
1. BlackEvil (1609) (C)
2. JMB (1699)
3. Stratego (1584)
4. UK_Dagonet (1296)
Total points = 6188

A3. Rookie-Pirates
1. Maximus (1496)
2. Flame (1670) (C)
3. oli (1479)
4. endever (1455)
Total points = 6100

A4. The Masters Of The Apocalypse
1. playa1(1738)
2. WSC_Junior(1701) (C)
3. Bounty(1535)
4. Thomas(1098)
Total points = 6072

A5. The 4 Aces
1. Leto 1760
2. LordFlashard 1589
3. Acerimmer 1635 (C)
4. skywalker 1076
Total Points = 6060

B1. 4 WINNERS
1. generalMax 1804 (C)
2. Agresor 1466
3. bom 1538
4. bolivar 1390
Total points = 6198

B2. The Berserkers
1. wellington 1679 (C)
2. blue 1521
3. knickles 1424
4. MasterShihan 1496 (edfx 1409)
Total points = 6120

B3. The Underdogs
1. Wussy (1739)
2. Esquire (1706) (C)
3. Art (1266)
4. Flamer (1380)
Total Rating Points = 6091

B4. Team Greece
1. citron505 (1509) (C)
2. Brass 1371
3. gpet0 (1676)
4. miltos41 (1508)
Total points = 6064

B5. Breiholzer Marshalls
1. mind (1555)
2. dcAnnies (1660) (C)
3. andi (1668)
4. makatao (1007)
Total points = 5890

Last edited by esquire on 14.10.2005 03:28; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 25.08.2005 03:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck

Last edited by esquire on 09.09.2005 21:04; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 09.09.2005 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start playing Monday, September 12, 2005.

The vote is in, you will play each same-numbered opponent in your bracket ONE time. Even though poll is even, many players may not be able to play 16 games in a 3 weeks.

You can play all your opponents whenever you like. You do not have to wait for your entire team to play the other players on each team before you move on to your next opponent. Do not post results until your entire team has played another entire team though.

If you are having trouble finding your opponents go to forum and search in the memberlist for their email or send them a private message in forum to set up a time to play your game. Or let me, AceRimmer, WSC_JR, or Stratego know, we should be able to help.

All games must be completed by the end of September because the Championship Match is scheduled for the last weekend of September.

Good luck everyone.
wellington
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 10.09.2005 11:53    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

I am on Gravon every monday - friday from 12.30 - 13.15. Very seldom on other days!

w.
OGETARTS
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 10.09.2005 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to all and have fun.

OGE
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 10.09.2005 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will do TEAM scoring as Leto and AceRimmer have suggested since this is a team tournament

leto wrote:
Hi All,

Normally in a team tournament it is about the team score vs the other teams: win loss or draw for the whole team.

A way to do this is to i.e. give 2 points for a player win, 1 for each player draw and 0 for player each loss. If a team has more points than the other team after the match they get the team win, if its equal they get the draw and if they have less their team has lost.

The team points determine who wins the tournament.

Seperately calculated are the board points over all matches (4 wins is better than 3 wins and a draw etc) and they are used to determine the outcome in case more teams get the same team score.

Any thoughts?
Leto

Does anyone have an alternative to this, if not we will use this format to determine the Team winners.
wellington
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 12.09.2005 16:36    Post subject: RE: Wellington times Reply with quote

Im around tonight between 19.15 - 20.45. Hope Wussy is around!
-deleted147
User

PostPosted: 12.09.2005 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,

I can play play from 5pm to 10:30pm (france time)

have a lot of fun in this tourney!

junior
mind
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 12.09.2005 20:09    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Who I must play ???
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 12.09.2005 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says up on top---Wussy, GeneralMax, Citron505, Wellington.

GL
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 12.09.2005 20:24    Post subject: Additional Positive Ideas! Reply with quote

Hi Esquire

I think one other additional improvement could be changing the format slightly from the top team playing each other in the final.......to........the top 2 teams from each group playing in a 2 semi-final match's.
The top team from group A would play the 2nd team from group B.
And the top team from group B would play the 2nd team from group A.

Then the winners from these semi-final match's could play each other in the final.

What do you think esquire?

Regards,

Ace
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 12.09.2005 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you know, I have no experience running a Stratego Tournament, so I am open to all ideas. I like this one. Anyone who does not like Ace's suggestion post a response!
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 12.09.2005 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to help mf!

I have had a little tournament organising experiance and have gone through different ideas and format's before, with baffi.

Since you kindly took over the running of the tourney......i have tried to let you do your own thing.....but if you need any help....i am available for a small fee!

Only joking....

i am here to help if you need any assistance

Regards,

Ace
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 12.09.2005 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt even want to take over. I am doing it now so that it stays organized, but any help would be appreciated.
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 21.09.2005 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK everyone. Only a few games have been played. We need to start playing these games and get on with the tournament. Has anyone from Bracket A even played yet?????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: