SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upcoming TEAM Tournament

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want a cap of 6200 on total Rating Points per a team???
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.08.2005 06:51    Post subject: Upcoming TEAM Tournament Reply with quote

After long discussions with many players, we determined to have teams based on average ratings and not countries. Teams can still be made up wholly of players from a single country, but there will be limitations to this.

Each team will consist of four (4) players.

Each team will have a combined TOTAL rating of 6,200 points or less (based on the current 2005 Klier classic rating as of this moment; so, any changes in rating points from this day forward will not matter). If you do not have a 2005 rating, you will have a default rating of 1500, only if you do not have an overall rating too. If you have no 2005 but do have an overall rating, the overall will be used. But check the page because you may have a rating even though you have not played the full 20 games yet. http://www.gravon.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=811 For instance: A team consisting of Esquire [1706], WSC_Junior [1701], Art [1266], and Tableplay [1513] would be acceptable because the combined rating adds ups to 6,186 points. In addition, we figured any team that is below the 6,200 limit by at least 200 points might be awarded handicap points for each round.

****We will allow teams made up of a single country to have 6300. But this must be verified.

Players on each team will pick a number 1-4 and that will be their number throughout the tournament. The individual numbers will not be posted until every team has picked their numbers. When teams are playing each other, the same numbers will play each other from both teams.

The tournament will be double elimination.

We hope to get twelve (12) total teams. We will still do it with more or less. The Tournament will start the beginning of September.

Any questions, comments, or suggested changes will be responded by this topic heading.

Good luck everyone and happy hunting for team members. I will start a new heading where players can recruit team members.

Last edited by esquire on 23.08.2005 03:29; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mind
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 05.08.2005 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my oppinion its not a good idea the limit is too wide below it must be 6,500
, but thats only my oppinion.

greets mind
art
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 06.08.2005 00:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for revising the 6200 to 6100.
Now I get it.
I figured it was a typo (the handicap sentence)
NOt sure what WSC_JUnior is posting about the schedule

cut and pasted as below:
=====================
Hi all

When we will have teams that will be the rules:

The tournament will be played UNRANKED and NO WATCHING.
The Teams will play all each others and after all the games we will have the winner team.ex:

Ranking
Team 1
Team 2
Team 3
Team 4
Team 5
Team 6
Team 7
Team 8
Team 9
Team 10
Team 11
Team 12

1st round
Team 1 vs Team 2
Team 3 vs Team 4
Team 5 vs Team 6
Team 7 vs Team 8
Team 9 vs Team 10
Team 11 vs Team 12

2nd round
Team 1 vs Team 3
Team 2 vs Team 4
Team 5 vs Team 7
Team 6 vs Team 8
Team 9 vs Team 11
Team 10 vs Team 12

And till the end

For a win your team win 6 points
For a draw your team win 3 points
For a lose you team win 1 point

Results will be posted on the forum.

thanks

junior
-deleted129
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 08.08.2005 22:05    Post subject: There must be a cap Reply with quote

Hello all,

Where must be a fair cap. 5000 is way to low and if the cap is 7500 there can be a team formed that is going to kick the butts of all others.

What exactly the cap is, is not very important, it just important to agree.
So I'ld suggest "XXXX points" and end the discusion!

As Esquire recruited me first I am in his team, no other reasons.
I also liked to be a part of other teams... (WSC, Ace, sorry guys but Esquire was just a step ahead and asked first)

Wussy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: