SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Allgemeines Archiv
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kentinator
User

PostPosted: 13.06.2003 05:39    Post subject: Questions... Reply with quote

1. What is the reason for having 2 english chat subjects - one called "for English players", the other called "Stratego"?

2. How come my rating goes down when I haven't played a game?

3. What do all those numbers to the right of my rating mean anyway?

4. Is UL working ok now?

5. Will you have a link to the ratings pages from the downloaded (non-browser) version?

6. Will it be possible to have numbers in the standings names soon, so we can see peoples real nicks, instead of those underlines where numbers should go?

7. Can you please UN-capitalize my nick?

8. Will I ever beat gpet0?

Thanks - very nice site to play at.
Arby
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 13.06.2003 09:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I can only answer your first question.

Stratego supposed to be a forum not only for english players. Due to Stratego is the game on Gravon, which is mostly (but not only ;-) played by non-german players, the main language in that forum is also english.

So because the rest of your questions seem to be exclusively about stratego and its ratings, your message should have better been posted there. (Though I am sure, spion - who could answer your questions - would also find your posting here ;-)).
spion
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 14.06.2003 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kentinator and also other interested stratego players!

1. What is the reason for having 2 english chat subjects - one called "for English players", the other called "Stratego"?

Arby already answered that question

2. How come my rating goes down when I haven't played a game?

The rating is a relative value. It is calculated in comparison to all other players. If the rating of the players you beated goes down, your rating can also go down.
If the rating of your opponents rises, yours can do the same.

In the future this will be changed. But it is not done yet.

One thing is sure: If you dont play, this does not negativly affect your rating. It is just changed if your former opponents become more or less strong.

3. What do all those numbers to the right of my rating mean anyway?

These are old rating values so you can compare your strength over the time. Due to the problem of changing ratings without playing, this does not show the ratings of YOUR last games but also the changes caused by others...
The rightmost is the oldest rating.

In the future this value will be more meaningfull (see above).

4. Is UL working ok now?

Yes absolutely.
It will have its own ranking/rating but yet it is not played often enough (one player must at least have played 18 ranked ul games...)

5. Will you have a link to the ratings pages from the downloaded (non-browser) version?

Probably not. The rating will only be visible in the browser. But of course you can use the download version and also have an explorer window open for the ranking page.

6. Will it be possible to have numbers in the standings names soon, so we can see peoples real nicks, instead of those underlines where numbers should go?

Yes, coming soon, in a few weeks.

7. Can you please UN-capitalize my nick?

Same as with the numbers: Coming soon.

8. Will I ever beat gpet0?

Will i ever beat you?

Best regards
spion
kentinator
User

PostPosted: 15.06.2003 04:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies Arby and spion - most appreciated.

And yes, spion - I'm sure you will beat me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Allgemeines Archiv All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: