SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tri-Stratego Tournament
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baffi
User

PostPosted: 28.06.2005 00:04    Post subject: Tri-Stratego Tournament Reply with quote

ok members of gravon. it is time to start the first Tri-Stratego tournament, here on gravon.

tournament starts within the next few weeks. keep an eye on the forum for more information.

here are the rules for the tournament.

-THIS IS NOT AN OFICIAL GRAVON TOURNAMENT. IT'S ORGANISED BY ACERIMMER AND BAFFI, HELD ON THE BATTLEFIELDS OF GRAVON

-The organisation (AceRimmer & Baffi) is always right
-Only registered players on gravon can enter the tournament
-Every player should register on the gravon forum for better communication (through pm)
-To enter the tournament, send a pm to baffi to ENSURE YOUR ENTRY

GROUP STAGE:

-for each player, a combined ranking is calulated: (3xclassic(2005) + 2xUL + 1xbarrage)/6
-kleier ranking is used

a minimum is used to keep the ranking realistic:
-classic: 1100
-UL: 900
-barrage: 1200

-a maximum of 32 players is allowed
-in case of 32 players, 8 groups of each 4 players are formed:
-the 8 highest combined rankings are divided in 8 different groups
-the next 8 combined rankings again are divided into the groups, and so on
-every player from a group plays every other player in a match, and receives match-points (3 for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss)
-the 2 best players of every group move on to the knockout stage
-groupstage should be finished before 1 august!!!!! matches with no result on this date, result in a 6-0 win for a player who tried but got no response from the uninterested player

KNOCKOUT STAGE:

-every match should be played withing one week, which is enough time to make an appointment and complete the 3 games-first round: the nr1 players are matched with the nr2 players
-winner moves on to the next round
-a match-draw results in ONE replay of the whole match. another draw results in comparing the total of games points earned in the whole tournament until that moment.

MATCH:

-every match between 2 players consists of 1 game of each event. playing order: barrage, UL, classic

game-points are given like this:

win draw loss
classic 6 3 0
UL 4 2 0
barrage 2 1 0

after all 3 games are played, BOTH players send a message to the organisation to report the result OF EACH EVENT:
pm-title: player1-player2

according their game-points, players get match-points (3, 1 or 0)

-the player with the lowest ranking for the event at the beginning of the tournament, will start the event playing red.
-all games will be unranked games. this tournament is independent of the gravon ranking
-games will be played without clock
-no spectators allowed, so unviewable games

IMPORTANT
-if u know that in the next weeks you wont have enough time to play (holiday or so) please be sportive, and dont enter the tournament.
-players not showing up or not completing a match, can be expelled from the tournament, resulting in forfeits of all their games.
-any problems should be reported immediatly!

-and the most important thing of all: be sportive and fair, so that everybody can have a lot of fun!!!

Last edited by baffi on 02.08.2005 02:14; edited 17 times in total
-deleted594
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 28.06.2005 03:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi baffi

This tournament sounds great! Will there be spectators to watch the games?? I hope so it would be great if watching was allowed! I cant wait for this upcoming tournament!

2pac
baffi
User

PostPosted: 28.06.2005 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

no sorrry, no spectators allowed. spectators could help one of the players by whispering,... wouldnt be fair
wellington
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 28.06.2005 17:17    Post subject: RE Reply with quote

Almost every day between 12.30 - 13.00 and 16.30 - 17.15 (Dutch time). Except from 16 July till 8 august, than i am on holidays!

So principally im in!

w.
baffi
User

PostPosted: 28.06.2005 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

these players have confirmed their participation:

AceRimmer
baffi
DelBoy
WSC_Junior
wellington
skywalker
Stratego
IceMan
dcAnnies
esquire
UK_Dagonet
oli
leto
maribo
generalMax
bulli
Mind
StrategyStar
Toe
Gluecksritter
WSC_Warrior
flame
Tacticus
tomba
fifi
eindhoven
riskytom
andi
meiko
art
sinus

others please confirm after reading the rules, preferably by pm.

grtz

Last edited by baffi on 04.07.2005 17:21; edited 19 times in total
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 28.06.2005 19:45    Post subject: Players wanting to enter! Reply with quote

Other players who have said they want to enter are:

Andi
Flame

Could you people please send a p.m. to baffi via the forum.....to confirm your entry.

Anyone else can enter by sending a p.m. to baffi via the forum. This would confirm entry into the tournament!

Last edited by acerimmer on 30.06.2005 10:46; edited 2 times in total
generalmax
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 29.06.2005 08:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to enter !!!!!!!
Ad me!!!!!!!!

We/ll see on battlefield!!!!!!!!1
mind
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 29.06.2005 12:00    Post subject: @ baffi Reply with quote

I will enter, I wrote a pm to you!

Greetings mind
baffi
User

PostPosted: 29.06.2005 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind i didnt get any pm from you, but its ok, you're in.
wellington
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 01.07.2005 12:26    Post subject: RE: tourney Reply with quote

Please forward my schedule (against whom, when, etc.) to my emailaddress: ingmar.de.busser@vialis.nl

I do not regularly check the forum, therefor i ask you to keep me informed like this!

Thanks,
w.
eindhoven
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.07.2005 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi baffi,

good job to organize this tourniment.

yes i will try it........ so if possible i would join
baffi
User

PostPosted: 02.07.2005 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, ur in
art
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.07.2005 08:13    Post subject: ART in Reply with quote

If not too late I am in. I have no UL rating. Just give me zero for those games, I will forfeit the matches.

I AM PETITIONING THE GODS TO WATER DOWN THE UL PORTION OF THE POINTS SO THAT IF BY BAD LUCK EVERY GROup of 4 HAS A REALLY REALLY GOOD UL PLAYER, AND MEDIOCRE AT CLASSIC, HE WILL EASILY WIN ITS 4 PTS, LETS SAY HE LOSES AT CLASSIC AND WINS AT BARRAGE= 5 PTS. NOW LETS SAY THE OTHER PLAYERS IN THE GROUP IN A MATCH TEND TO BE "ABOVE AVG CLASSIC" (BETTER THAN MEDIOCRE)
BUT LOSE THE UL, WIN THE BARRAGE, AND LOSE TO A FINER CLASSIC PLAYER. HE ONLY GETS 1PT.

SO TO MIX IT UP SOME MORE, AND WEIGHT IT, WHY NOT PLAY 2 CLASSIC GAMES, LEAVE THE POINTS AS YOU POSTED, BUT THAT WAY IF A PLAYER SPLITS CLASSIC, LOSES UL, WINS BARRAGE, HE STILL HAS 7 PTS VS THE UL PLAYER WHO WINS AND GETS 4 POINTS + HIS BARRAGE 1 PT = 5PTS. SO THE 7 PTS IS AHEAD OF THE 5PTS, AND THE KNOCKOUT ROUND HAS A BETTER COMPISITION OF GRAVON REALITY.

The founders are AceRimmer, and Baffi, both of whom are in the top 1/2 of UL playing.

So barring that, I will still shoot for honorable mention in classic.
If at the end, you can tally all the points up, then why not continue with a losers bracket amongst those who dont move on, but still want to play in a classic only tourney. Sorry if I don;t organize this effort, I'm just whining. Do what you can. Just please consider it.
it is tough for us USAers to play anyone east of Iceland before midnite their time, so how will that work. I could play from 6am-1pm german time.Overall I can play anywhere from 7pm to 7am eastern time, plus anytime on sat sun

Last edited by art on 04.07.2005 21:53; edited 1 time in total
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.07.2005 14:16    Post subject: scoring! Reply with quote

hi Art

I think you have your wires mixed up a little!
There is 8 groups (A-H)
With only 4 players in each group....not 8
If a player wins his classic game....HE CAN NOT LOSE THE MATCH!
All he would need is a draw or win in either UL, OR barrage, to win the match!
The scoring is as follows: classic win 6 points, UL win 4 points and barrage win 2 points.
If there is a draw in any game.....the points for the game will be shared equally, thus: classic draw 3 points each, UL draw 2 points each and barrage draw is 1 point each.
The player who loses, receives 0 points for each game they lose.

Maybe you are referring to why a classic win receives more points than UL and why UL receives more than barrage.
Why not the other way around?
Well the structure is set this way for 3 reasons:
Firstly time, on average classic games are longer than UL games which are longer than barrage games.
Secondly the amount of pieces on the board, classic has 40 pieces, UL has 20 and barrage has only 8 pieces.
And finally and most importantly we have the skill versus luck element.
Classic is the hardest of the 3 games to win by luck, a skillful player will win more games as opposed to a unskilled player who is a lotto luck player. UL is the second hardest of the 3 to win with luck....and barrage as any good barrage player knows is a bit of a gamble with only 8 pieces.
If you need any evidence of this: check out the rankings tables
The top classic players win approx 80% of games
The top UL players win approx 70% of games
And the top barrage players win approx 60-65% of games.

I hope that has answered your question of why the points are set out with classic taking 50% of match points and UL taking 33% and barrage only being 17% of the total match points.
If you have any good reason why the points should be different, please let me know?
As for the question of a classic tourney....well spion is hopeing to organise a tournament for this autumn...so you have your chance then!
We may organise a Team classic event after this tourney has finnished, but it is just a idea at the moment. Team USA, Germany, UK, Netherlands etc etc. But like i said it is only i idea at the moment, but would be a classic only tourney.

As for the USA players and trying to link things up with the europeans in playing times etc, well it could be a problem, but lets hope there's not too many problems. I think there is only 4 players from the USA. (5 if you entered) all the rest are european!

I hope that has answered your question's!

Regards,

Ace
p.s. if you want to enter...i will talk to baffi and let you know!
art
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.07.2005 21:57    Post subject: weight of points Reply with quote

i PM'D BAFFI SUNDAY
I am saying to put more emphasis on Classic that you could play 2 games of Classic. Then a split in 2 games would help those who lose the UL game.
That is my best hope to go 1-1 in classic, 0-1 in UL and 1-0 in barrage.

I dread the game of UL but its your tourney. I have played 4 times, all rated and always against those who are sitting in a table waiting for some SUC - LOLLIPOP- KER to come along. Ga,ius is gone, & death to UL also.

Anyhow, how about it? or INSTEAD KEEP THE 3 GAMES, BUT Change UL to 3 points, classic at 6, barrage at 1.
Draws at 2 for classic, 1 for UL, no draw in barrage, just replay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: