SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IHateMyWife is a..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warhero_POW
User

PostPosted: 19.05.2004 02:46    Post subject: IHateMyWife is a.. Reply with quote

While playing IHateMyWife for the first time ever last night he did something that I had never seen before. He was able to send me wake up calls so fast to where I wasn't even able to make a move and eventually locking up my computor to where I had to reboot. Well, after I was down so bad he quit sending the messages and played the rest of the game. Has anyone ever experienced this before with IHateMyWife or any other player. He was also able to make the wakeup call come from different names such as bullshit and maxie. Neither bullshit or maxie were in the waiting room at the time so I'm not sure how he did it. This was a very effective way of screwing someone for a win after pressing the done button in which you are locked in to finish a game.

War, I will not tolerate headings as yu have posted, keep it in a respectable fashion.

Jerry.
jerry
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.05.2004 09:35    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Spion, Is this possible? Can a player be logged in under 1 or more different names to make this option possible, in the games room?

Jerry also "Asks" I HATE MY WIFE" For his thoughts on this.

Cheers Jerry.

PS. This is a case of Wake-Up Flooding, I,m sure this will be removed shortley.
spion
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 19.05.2004 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

a little warning to those who actually use this bug:

Users who abuse some features to do bad things to other players will get their accounts locked.

Flooding, in any form, is prohibited.

Best regards
spion
Warhero_POW
User

PostPosted: 19.05.2004 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway of adding a block for wake up calls if someone abuses this again? Again, he was able to blast me with about 100 calls a minute. And is there anyway of checking if IHateMyWife was actually sending those to me or if bullshit and/or maxie were sending them to me from outside the waiting room? I just assumed that IHateMyWife was sending them to me because it was the first time we've ever played and that he was being an -. But again I was being an - because of what was going on.
jerry
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 20.05.2004 10:40    Post subject: and... Reply with quote

And "Thankyou" is word that goes a long way War..

Jerry.
spion
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 21.05.2004 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

i took a look at the logs. It was _not_ IHateMyWife but a user called "bullshit". bullshit connected from a totally different location.

The wakeup-flooding-bug will be removed in the next days.

Best regards
spion
Warhero_POW
User

PostPosted: 23.05.2004 02:17    Post subject: Thx Spion for looking into this. Reply with quote

Spion, so does this mean that knowone will be able to pull off this wake up call flooding anymore? If anyone talks to IHateMyWife tell him sorry for me. Sorry IHateMyWife if your reading this.
Warhero_POW
User

PostPosted: 23.05.2004 02:19    Post subject: What about maxie? Reply with quote

Spion, Wake up call flooding was also coming from a maxie. Is maxie the same person as bullshit? Are you going to remove these two names from the registration list?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: