SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ranking systems query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.03.2021 13:10    Post subject: Ranking systems query Reply with quote

Can someone explain how the barrage rankings work please?

I noticed today I am 3rd on the Klier ranking list and ahead of McSpy, but on the WSC list I am behind McSpy. He only started playing barrage in 2021 so he has no history from past years, so how is it that I can be ahead of him on the Klier list but behind him on the WSC list? Especially as my overall record is very good and I am 6-3 in the head to head with him.

It doesn't matter especially, I am just curious how the lists work because for me, he hasn't got historical games on his record so his WSC position should surely reflect his Klier position?

Many thanks!
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 09.03.2021 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Samuel,

The wsc rankings are (way) more flexible than the kleier ranking. Play one game and see the difference. McSpy probably has better results on short term. On longer term your record is better.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 09.03.2021 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ruben. Spion was also explaining it in chat yesterday, I think I get it. The question is which ranking list is better to use, to tell where your game is really at? Same with the classic, where we have 3 different lists! Im quite high up on the one that's just called Classic rankings; Im about 270th or something on the all time list (which has over 1100 registered players on it, so actually not too bad!) and then on the 2021 list Im not doing so great this year unfortunately, below 1500 - that's poor for me. So its hard to know which one to refer to for the accuracy, I guess the 2021 rankings is the most recent but for barrage we haven't got a yearly one.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 13.03.2021 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Samuel,

Personally I think the Kleier is a bit too fixed and WSC is a bit too flexible. But I like to have both on gravon. The classic yearly ranking represents the shape of the year, so who were the best players that year. Everyone has a bad year once in a while .
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 14.03.2021 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I put that down to a bad start after I returned from stratego.com - the standard here is (generally) far higher and I realised I had probably gotten worse by playing there for the last 3 years or so. Playing good players regularly, you do improve and I have improved since those first 2 or 3 poor weeks in January, although I still lose my fair share here but again, with better quality players you don't mind that and my rating has improved from 1400ish to 1460ish so hopefully I can keep it going but it probably won't improve much more from here for the year now.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 30.03.2021 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:
Yeah, I put that down to a bad start after I returned from stratego.com - the standard here is (generally) far higher and I realised I had probably gotten worse by playing there for the last 3 years or so. Playing good players regularly, you do improve and I have improved since those first 2 or 3 poor weeks in January, although I still lose my fair share here but again, with better quality players you don't mind that and my rating has improved from 1400ish to 1460ish so hopefully I can keep it going but it probably won't improve much more from here for the year now.

You know there is a barrage tournament this Friday? There you can test your skills .
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 31.03.2021 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to but its very difficult for me to be available at the required times for tournaments, as I have a 3 year old and have just moved house so theres loads to do with that. I just get on for games whenever I have a moment but can't commit to the times sadly.

I think my current record tells everyone who the barrage boss is though.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 31.03.2021 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:
I'd love to but its very difficult for me to be available at the required times for tournaments, as I have a 3 year old and have just moved house so theres loads to do with that. I just get on for games whenever I have a moment but can't commit to the times sadly.

I think my current record tells everyone who the barrage boss is though.

Understandable. For the latter: I like to put that to the test .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: