SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is a new player's rating expected to be?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sir_richard

PostPosted: 28.02.2017 18:17    Post subject: What is a new player's rating expected to be? Reply with quote

I am an unrated new player, having played less than 20 games of Stratego in my adult life. All players I have played have defeated me easily. The active group appears to be those rated >1350. Most have hundreds of games experience, some have thousands. I even lose to players rated less than 1000. What's a new player's rating expected to be? 500?
Even less? I'll obtain a rating in time, but it is likely to be meaningless, as improvement is rapid when new. How many games experience does it take to be rated say at least 1350, like the active players? Sir Richard
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 28.02.2017 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard,

You get a rating as soon as you finished at least 20 games and when you have at least one win. Dont worry too much about it, just enjoy the games.

To improve your game its good to analyse your own game. Why did I lose and when did I lose are good questions. Also you can ask this to your opponent. Secondly you can watch some good players play and see how they win and which setups they use. Here are some videos.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpg5rKTnHOHXWONQMsVcOLA

http://forum.stratego.com/topic/2074-two-games-of-satan-nl-against-sohal-on-video/page-4
sir_richard

PostPosted: 01.03.2017 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I play another player, of course, I cannot see their setup, except as I remember where any revealed pieces came from. When I watch as a non-player, I cannot see either players pieces, except during combat phases. Am I supposed to see some player's pieces?

Some players do offer tips, but texting is tedious. Where can I find players setups? Like is there a webpage with a list of god setups? Regards, Sir Richard
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 02.03.2017 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.stratego.com/topic/354-good-setups/ You can not see the pieces if you watch indeed.

In some videos you can see some setups. Also this might be interesting. (see link above)
sevenseas
User

PostPosted: 05.03.2017 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about your ranking. Keeping playing and practice. You will eventually grow stronger.

Most players are online around 18-22GMT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: