SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ranked and rated players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sir_richard

PostPosted: 23.02.2017 19:10    Post subject: Ranked and rated players Reply with quote

Most players are rated, and some have no rating (presumably, they are beginners?) And some are ranked - they appear on Kleier ranking list, and they all have a rating. What is the meaning of 'Ranked' because I notice I cannot join many games, which require 'Ranking'.
And even some players refuse to play, if I am not ranked. Apparently, I am less than 'unrated' even, because my nick does not appears on 'all players' list. How do I get to be 'unrated', so at least I am in he list? I suppose, after that, I need to play some games, maybe 10? against rated players to be rated. Sir Richard
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 23.02.2017 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

it means, that you need to play some games to get a rating status.
once you get it, you can play ranked games. (games which count for ranking)

i enabled your nick for ranking, so you can enter all games.

greets
stratego
sir_richard

PostPosted: 23.02.2017 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be Administrator? Yes, I have played maybe a dozen games on Gravon; I lose all, except one. So I am just beginning. Now, I can play for ranking. Thanks very much.
Sir Richard
blacksheep
User

PostPosted: 13.03.2017 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sir Richard, not to worry - I lost 25 games in a row when I first started here. I just didn't realise how good these players are on Gravon. I will gladly play you. I found the best way to get better is to play the very good players and see how they beat you. Which they will. A lot. All nationalities have their good players. I have been beaten by Dutch, Belgians, Americans, French, Germans, Swiss and of course by my arch enemies, the English. The list goes on, but you do get better.

Try different setups and see which works best for you. Everyone has their playing style, but vary yours so you do not become predictable. I read recently on a study of Stratego that there are more moves in this game than in chess. Good luck. Blacksheep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: