SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Admin bans Sadi from ranked games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sohal
User

PostPosted: 16.02.2015 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo, you are the one who complained to admin about Sadistic

just removed your complaints and go over
mojo1967
User

PostPosted: 17.02.2015 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiele viel Länger als es manchmal sein sollte , auch wenn ich schon weiß das es verloren ist (denke drüber nach).
Habe aber auch schon viele spiele gehabt wo der gegenspieler bis zu letzt spielt.
So jetzt zu sadi , mein spiel war auch schon verloren, wollte aber noch nicht aufgeben, auf der uhr waren vieleicht 10 min,kam dann was dazwischen hat ca 3-4 min gedauert ! Als ich wieder da war,textete Sadi wie ein Geisteskranker, darauf bin ich bockig geworden (was absolut nicht richtig ist ) So ist die wartezeit von 3-4 min schon eine rechtfertigung ausfallend zu werden ?
Meiner meinung nach nicht !
Wurde dann aber auch noch beleidigend ,und das war i-Tüpfelchen

Und wenn ich mir seine sportlichen 5 x-file ansehe ,
Denke ich jetzt so macht er es damit er nicht beleidigt wird
spion
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 18.02.2015 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

to clearify some facts:

Mojo did not move for 10 minutes. Sadistic started insulting after about 3 minutes, not just after all 10 minutes.

Unnecessarily stalling a game is unsportive behaviour. But on the other hand the game was played with Bronstein clock and that clock allows a player to use some time for a move.

Sadistic on the other hand used some hard insults. If he was not banned from rankings for that just because he is a "valuable player" who "brought live back to Gravon" we would apply a double standard: Ordinary players get punished while "better" players don't.
Thats not the way things are handled here. When a player insults another player, he will get punished, no matter of his standing. Call it "dreadfull management" or not, thats the way things are at Gravon.
If Sadistic just had sent his chat to the administration without starting to insult, admins would have checked the game and taken care. But by using vigilantism and starting to insult, he disqualified himself.

If the decision to punish Sadistic causes less games of Stratego to be played on Gravon, so be it. I don't like rude players and will never accept such behaviour.

Imho, Sadistic should be a man, admit that insulting others is not ok, accept the punishment and make the best of the 4 weeks of spare time. There's a whole world out there waiting to be explored.

Best regards,
Thorsten
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 18.02.2015 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense Spion.

Still I miss a punishment for stalling for 10 minutes. Its not ok to insult when someone is moving slow but isnt it also not ok to stall when someone insults you? It looks like Mojo was throwing oil on the fire at this point.

spion wrote:
Hi,

to clearify some facts:

Mojo did not move for 10 minutes. Sadistic started insulting after about 3 minutes, not just after all 10 minutes.

Unnecessarily stalling a game is unsportive behaviour. But on the other hand the game was played with Bronstein clock and that clock allows a player to use some time for a move.

Sadistic on the other hand used some hard insults. If he was not banned from rankings for that just because he is a "valuable player" who "brought live back to Gravon" we would apply a double standard: Ordinary players get punished while "better" players don't.
Thats not the way things are handled here. When a player insults another player, he will get punished, no matter of his standing. Call it "dreadfull management" or not, thats the way things are at Gravon.
If Sadistic just had sent his chat to the administration without starting to insult, admins would have checked the game and taken care. But by using vigilantism and starting to insult, he disqualified himself.

If the decision to punish Sadistic causes less games of Stratego to be played on Gravon, so be it. I don't like rude players and will never accept such behaviour.

Imho, Sadistic should be a man, admit that insulting others is not ok, accept the punishment and make the best of the 4 weeks of spare time. There's a whole world out there waiting to be explored.

Best regards,
Thorsten
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.02.2015 03:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets get something straight, Spion and management. I come from a different culture than you do and we New Yorkers handle our business in a different way than you euros do. If somebody is acting like a jerk, I don't go crying to another man asking for help. I handle it the way a real man would; by taking it to the source, in this case, a very poor player and notoriously bad sport.

Spion, your argument is not only weak but pathetic. Of course I began insulting this staller after 3 minutes and the following minutes that ensued. I don't feel like waiting like a moron on my computer for a player to move. It's a game so lets get it over and done with! My time is valuable and I don't have patience for such nonsense.

Next, the facts are this site was as dead as a graveyard until I came back and recruited players. If you don't admit it to yourselves, it doesn't mean it isn't true. It's a fact. I don't bow down to you, Spion, Dieter or any man and no man will tell me how to behave or what to say. I live by my own rules and feel that I am a very decent man with a whole lot of integrity. Yes, I have a vicious temperament at times but it's not like I hide it with a name like "Bunny Rabbit" and I don't attack players randomly. If I insult a player, you can bet that there is a very good reason for it. Words are just words. I suggest that some of you wimps man up and learn how to behave like men and not sissies. Good thing for you softies that you don't get transported to the streets of NY or you would get eaten alive.

Be men for God's sake. You're embarrassing yourselves. Lastly, lets not forget whose country conquered whose. There was a reason this happened and it has more to do with fighting spirit and heart than anything else and I will never allow somebody to take that away from me, regardless of the consequences. Ask me to apologize to Scrub Mojo?? LMAO. Over my dead body.
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.02.2015 03:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spion, you calling me "rude" is not accurate. Is it not rude to make a player wait for about 10 minutes for no reason at all? He was owned and there was no reason for the stalling other than revenge for the sorrow that he was suffering in my dominance.
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.02.2015 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not aware of the length of my suspension until Spion disclosed it in this thread. I don't mind waiting 30 days. It's not bad at all so I choose not to make a bigger deal out of this than it is. I have always had respect for Spion, who has been decent and understanding in the past.

I believe that Mojo and any other players who carry out this stalling ploy, should be punished. Such behavior is foul and very disrespectful of the opponent. much more so than words in my opinion.
spion
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 19.02.2015 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

@ruben87: Unnecessarily stalling a game of course is unsportive, no doubt. But here the game was played using Bronstein clock.
What would happen if you play in the Stratego World Championships and your opponent stops moving and starts doing nothing? You probably would call an arbiter but what should the arbiter do? The clock is showing that the player still has time on his clock and no rule forbids him to use it. Does this player violate any WSC or ISF rule?

Best regards,
Thorsten
spion
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 19.02.2015 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

@Sadistic:

Quote:
I come from a different culture than you do and we New Yorkers handle our business in a different way than you euros do

Gravon is a european server. So you are a guest here. And imho guests should respect the rules of their hosts. You knew the rules.

Best regards,
Thorsten
jensneuij
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 19.02.2015 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unnecessarily stalling can be the case even if you play with a clock. The question is should you punish this or allow the player to use his time eventhough his intention is most likely to irritate his opponent. I'd say just let him use up his clock if he wants to, it's his personal clock to decide how fast he plays.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 19.02.2015 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadistic wrote:
I was not aware of the length of my suspension until Spion disclosed it in this thread. I don't mind waiting 30 days. It's not bad at all so I choose not to make a bigger deal out of this than it is. I have always had respect for Spion, who has been decent and understanding in the past.

I believe that Mojo and any other players who carry out this stalling ploy, should be punished. Such behavior is foul and very disrespectful of the opponent. much more so than words in my opinion.

Im Happy with these lines Sadi. I agree that Spion is a fair admin and I also respect his considerations.

Sadi, another thing, please dont involve the war in your arguments. It doesnt make sense.

spion wrote:
Hi,

@ruben87: Unnecessarily stalling a game of course is unsportive, no doubt. But here the game was played using Bronstein clock.
What would happen if you play in the Stratego World Championships and your opponent stops moving and starts doing nothing? You probably would call an arbiter but what should the arbiter do? The clock is showing that the player still has time on his clock and no rule forbids him to use it. Does this player violate any WSC or ISF rule?

Best regards,
Thorsten

You are right, Thorsten. The Player doesnt violate any rule. On the other hand, this has never happened in all of my (about 100?) strategotournaments I took part of. This kind of unsportive behaviour you only see on the internet. Im happy 95% of the gravon (registered) users also are far from these 'tactics'. And still I think a warning would not be bad.
mojo1967
User

PostPosted: 19.02.2015 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!
Extreme cry (in any form), may be worth it!
What I think is the right punishment I have already written.
But I respect the Admin who do indeed have frequently behave with such a childlike. (Not an easy job)
sohal
User

PostPosted: 19.02.2015 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadi has cooled down and mojo is still throwing oil on fire
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.02.2015 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sohal, thanks for pointing that out. The instigator remains the same individual. What will be the final result of this? I will return to play at top level with the respect of fellow Gravon players and Mojo will find that numerous players refuse to play him. What does this tell you? Case closed.

I would also like to share a little tidbit with my plethora of Gravon fans. Tonight I rented a luxury hotel room because my 3 girlfriends were bickering about who would spend time with me tonight. Well, why choose? I invited all 3 of them and will have my way with them, just as you would expect.

Lets all come together (with exception of Mojo) during this crisis and relish in the greatness that is Sadi. I may not be playing stratego at the moment but that doesn't mean I am not playing. No, I cannot post pics! No, I cannot post phone numbers! Now, behave!
olafthueringer
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 20.02.2015 10:09    Post subject: Moderation Reply with quote

Unabhängig davon, für wie wichtig sich manche Spieler hier halten: GERADE WEIL auf gravon eine ehrenamtliche, konsequente Moderation stattfindet, kann man hier spielen, ohne sich pubertären oder dümmlichen Beschimpfungen aussetzen zu müssen. Außerdem schützt das konsequente Durchgreifen der Moderatoren davor, sinnlose Spielverzögerungen (denen man auf anderen Seiten nahezu schutzlos ausgeliefert ist) ertragen zu müssen.

Vielen Dank dafür!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: