SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Admin bans Sadi from ranked games
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 13.02.2015 19:56    Post subject: New Admin bans Sadi from ranked games Reply with quote

I was in a game against Mojo67 and he got very angry from being beaten so he left me sitting there close to 10 minutes, for him to move. It pissed me off, so I utilized my creative writing skills in order to achieve some payback. When his timer nearly timed out, he moved and in about 5 - 10 more moves, he finally forfeited, wasting my time when a good sport would have forfeited 10 minutes earlier.

Then, Mojo went to an administrator and complained of the verbal thrashing that he absorbed. The administrator contacted me and told me that if I did not want to get banned from ranked games, I would have to write a deep apology to Mojo. Of course, we all know that Sadi does not bow down to anybody so this was not going to happen so today, I can no longer play ranked games.

Once again, Gravon has proven to have dreadful administration, despite having excellent programming. Lets also not forget that it was I who brought life back to Gravon by recruiting Sohal, Hielco and others. I guess they think that poor sportsmanship is better than a verbal thrashing. Is it ok for players to make other players waiting in games that are over? I think administrators should allow players to express themselves as long as they are not making threats, which I was not. Mojo should have been the one who was banned. Pathetic. Have admins not learned anything from the past here? When you began banning people like me and Lighty, it snowballed and everybody left. Is that what you want?
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 13.02.2015 20:37    Post subject: request to repeal ban Reply with quote

Mojo1967 is a habitual staller and poor sport* when he gets behind. And what I mean by this is that he doesn't chase pieces or circle the lake(s) to use up time necessarily - but rather he just let's his time go down until he thinks his opponent isn't watching and then moves. I would like to request that Sadistic be reinstated for ranked games. Sadistic was merely responding to very poor sportsmanship. Bannings should only occur in situations where there is unprovoked harassment, not for giving it to someone who is being a jerk.

*http://www.gravon.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2216
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 14.02.2015 00:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me as applying a double standard. Why didnt the admin ask Mojo to apologize to Sadi for stalling 10 minutes?

To Table: Chasing (the lakes) without other use than stalling time is just as bad as Mojo's tactic.
sohal
User

PostPosted: 14.02.2015 09:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOTH have to apologize, or none
kokita
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 14.02.2015 18:41    Post subject: "NEW" admin? Reply with quote

I am not a new admin.

And I did not ban Sadistic from ranking, the Admin Stratego did.

When a player is stalling, it does not imply that his opponent may use
the foulest language possible.

Stalling is not a insult, but using foul language surely is.
If Mojo1967 is known as a slow player, so just dont play against him!

Regards
Kokita
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 14.02.2015 20:23    Post subject: Re: "NEW" admin? Reply with quote

Hi Kokita,

There is a difference between playing slow and not make a move for 10 minutes. If Sadi is right, Mojo did the last thing. Its not an insult but it is very unsportive behaviour, disrespectfull to the opponent and a violation of the official ISF sportiviness rules. This behaviour should be punished in my opinion.

kokita wrote:
I am not a new admin.

And I did not ban Sadistic from ranking, the Admin Stratego did.

When a player is stalling, it does not imply that his opponent may use
the foulest language possible.

Stalling is not a insult, but using foul language surely is.
If Mojo1967 is known as a slow player, so just dont play against him!

Regards
Kokita
mojo1967
User

PostPosted: 15.02.2015 00:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blocking of sadi is right!

Anyone can now stupid sayings.

But not everyone who makes it to the Fortune
hardrain_lenny
User

PostPosted: 15.02.2015 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played both Mojo1967 and Sadistic many times and I have to say that this Mr Mojo has proven to be a very unsportive player in our games.
That's exactly the reason that this player is on my blacklist. I'll never play him again.

Sadistic is another type. For me he is a very funny guy, who I never take to serious. Bu I know how serious Sadi is in his Stratwego games.
I can imagine that Sadi became mad based on the unsporting behaviour of this Mr Mojo.

Now I read that Sadi has been banned and this Mojo is still free to proceed with his behaviour, which he performs since a long long time.
Pity.
sohal
User

PostPosted: 15.02.2015 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play here partly because i can play Sadistic, who is a good challenge.
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 15.02.2015 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I would like to thank Sohal, Ruben, Lenny and Tableplay for their support. Notice that all of these players are high level players and do not agree with a low level player behaving in such ways. Sohal and I have very close and challenging games so I understand why he likes playing me and the feeling is mutual. When I beat Sohal, I feel like I have accomplished a difficult task and so, it is rewarding. When I lose, I normally don't mind because I expect to lose plenty of games against him. Ruben has also become a very good player and we had some good games, recently. Notice that I allowed Ruben to enjoy a win when I could have forced a draw. Ruben even wrote a thread about it. I don't think any other player on here would have done the same but this is how I am wired. Ruben earned it. Tableplay is my buddy on here and he is a very smart fellow. I have had some enjoyable conversations with him. Something tells me that these players will not be happy from my absence. I don't mind playing unranked games but I do mind the principal of being banned under these circumstances so I will refrain from playing unless this poor decision is amended.

Stratego, you need to chill out. You have historically caused way too much damage to this site by banning people for weak reasons. You may think that they are strong reasons but the majority do not agree with you. You banned Lighty for something that had absolutely nothing to do with stratego or this site. What good manager would make such a biased decision? Then you ban me for insulting a notoriously unsportive player, who was playing .........? Now, instead of other players having games against a highly skilled and sportive player like myself, you left them with a ..........who stalls and behaves in unsportsmanlike ways. Stratego, you think that you are the power here don't you? Well, you are not or you would have been able to bring players back here when it was dead. I brought them back and players like Sohal and Tableplay contributed as well. The power is with the people, not the management. Don't lose track of this in your ego indulgement.

I went back to the other site and had a few enjoyable games. I prefer the programming here but as I have always disclosed, the management here is dreadfully poor. It was not long ago that I was banned and what ensued was a migration away from this site, to the point that there were about 5-10 mediocre players left. There were not any top level players here anymore. I was unbanned and promoted the site elsewhere and convinced top level players to come here. Is this how you reward me for bringing life back to the site and who are you hurting most? I can still play the game elsewhere but there is only 1 Sadi and you won't find another one.

Years ago, I made this forum lively. Members would come here to read my literary contributions because they appreciated the writing talent and humor that I possessed. Management never quite understood the humor of my posts and likely because of a cultural element. Who did it hurt when I stopped writing here? If nothing else, you should learn from your mistakes before Gravon becomes a "ghost town" again. When I stopped writing here, this forum died. The fact is, I am the best writer you could ever have, period and it was painfully foolish to be intolerant of my style and lose the energy behind your forum but this is what you did.

Good luck and again, thanks to the players who have supported my perspective.
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 15.02.2015 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add, when this new administrator said that I would have to apologize to avoid banning, I said that I would do so if they also made Mojo apologize and he replied, "That is not how it works". At this point, it is what it is and like I said, you (Gravon management) are hurting yourselves more than anybody if you stick with this decision.

Best wishes, all.
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 15.02.2015 17:50    Post subject: Same with me Lenny Reply with quote

Based on what has transpired here, I am never going to knowingly play Mojo1967 again, ranked, unranked or otherwise. Nice work Mojo.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 15.02.2015 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo1967 wrote:
The blocking of sadi is right!

Anyone can now stupid sayings.

But not everyone who makes it to the Fortune

Hey Mojo,

There are some accusations that you didnt move for 15 minutes. You dont give a reaction on this. Is this true? If it is, why dont you appologize? Sadi can apologize then for using bad language and everyone can move on.

Hallo Mojo

Es wird gesagt das du kein spielstück bewogen hat fur 15 minute. Du gibt keine reaktion. Ist das die Wahrheit? Wenn das stimmt, warum entschuldigt Sie sich nicht? Dann kann Sadi sich enschuldigen für seine faule sprache und konnen wir das abschliessen. Danke.
fonias
User

PostPosted: 16.02.2015 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys. Sadi is Sadi. We all know that he talks in a different way. Personally i like it, because he is frank. Besides is a player that everybody want to play. His opponent played with his nerves, I beleive him. If you want to punish him block his chat for a period, not his ability to play the game. The other player must be punished too.
mojo1967
User

PostPosted: 16.02.2015 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bin mit einer Strafe für mich ja auch einverstanden !
Aber Strafe muß in dem fall schon sein !
Darüber sollen aber die Admin entscheiden !
Kann nur meine Meinung dazu sagen ,und die wäre je 6 Monate

Am a penalty for me so agree!
But punishment must be the case already!
But upward, shall decide the admin!
Can only say my opinion about it, and that would ever 6 months
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: