SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gravon Succes in Dutch Championship Barrage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 18.05.2014 21:24    Post subject: Gravon Succes in Dutch Championship Barrage Reply with quote

Last Saturday we played the Dutch Championships of Barrage. There were many top players, most of them (former-)gravon players.

Results after a full competition schedule:
Winner: Ruben87 (I also won it in 2007)
2nd: Leto (former Dutch and World Champion Barrage)
3th: Lightwing (3 times World champion Stratego but won his first Barrage cup!)
4th: Garulfo (last year 3th place)
5th: Lordoftheages (Title defender)
6th: Bounty (former Dutch and World Champion Barrage)
7th: Jensneuij (keeps getting better)

There were 13 participants.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 18.05.2014 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win Ruben!!!
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.05.2014 00:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it named "Dutch" in order to keep Ace out? I don't think anybody could beat Ace in barrage. Also, would you have announced this tournament if you lost, Ruben? Nonetheless, congratulations, because beating Lighty and Morx in any version of stratego, is not an easy task.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 19.05.2014 09:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ace! When do/have you played the UK Championsships and who won it?

sadistic wrote:
Was it named "Dutch" in order to keep Ace out? I don't think anybody could beat Ace in barrage. Also, would you have announced this tournament if you lost, Ruben? Nonetheless, congratulations, because beating Lighty and Morx in any version of stratego, is not an easy task.

And Sadi, thanks but you sound rather pessimistic. To anwer those questions. There is a long history of Barrage championships in Holland but also in the UK and also the World Championsships Barrage which will be held in Greece this year. Ace will definitely be the favourite there, but no one is unbeatable. I probably would have announced it either way because there were many old-gravonians involved. Also its fun for the participants in Greece to know how the competitors did perform on the National Championships.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.05.2014 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks Ace! When do/have you played the UK Championsships and who won it?

Yes I have played the UK Barrage Championships before.
The UK is probably only 2nd to the Netherlands for the number of annual Barrage Championships played.
In total we have had 8 Championships (from 2006 to 2013).
Usually played along side the Classic Championships (played around December usually).
I won 7 out of the 8. (Sir_Dagonet won in 2007)
Unfortunately our numbers are not as high as in the Netherlands. Our highest number of players for this tournament was 9 players. The lowest was just 3 players. Usually we average 5 or 6 players.
The UK has some good Barrage players, but certainly not as strong as the dutch. In that respect, your win is much more of an achievement.
Roll on the WC.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 19.05.2014 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

acerimmer wrote:
Yes I have played the UK Barrage Championships before. The UK is probably only 2nd to the Netherlands for the number of annual Barrage Championships played.
In total we have had 8 Championships (from 2006 to 2013).
Usually played along side the Classic Championships (played around December usually).
I won 7 out of the 8. (Sir_Dagonet won in 2007)
Unfortunately our numbers are not as high as in the Netherlands. Our highest number of players for this tournament was 9 players. The lowest was just 3 players. Usually we average 5 or 6 players.
The UK has some good Barrage players, but certainly not as strong as the dutch. In that respect, your win is much more of an achievement.
Roll on the WC.

Ah youre playing it in december, so you have the UK title at the WC . I expect many of the Dutch Barrage topplayers at the world Cup, also I hope for some German and Belgium players and of course some Greeks. So the WC will be the biggest challenge to win .
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.05.2014 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there lots of young women at these events? If not, lie to them and tell them that Sadi will be there and they will come by the boat loads. Just be sure to get them drunk before they realize that I am not coming or you could have to deal with a riot.
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 20.05.2014 04:59    Post subject: Ancillary Effect Reply with quote

sadistic wrote:
Are there lots of young women at these events? If not, lie to them and tell them that Sadi will be there and they will come by the boat loads. Just be sure to get them drunk before they realize that I am not coming or you could have to deal with a riot.

The increase of women at such an event will have the ancillary benefit of increasing the number of barrage participants (or at least male participants), which, to date, has been anemic.

Cheers, tp.
darthremark
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 29.05.2014 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Reuben! Tell Leto I said hi if you see him. I haven't talked to him in a long time but always enjoyed our games.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 30.05.2014 09:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthremark wrote:
Congrats Reuben! Tell Leto I said hi if you see him. I haven't talked to him in a long time but always enjoyed our games.

I will when I see him in Greece. He has not played for a few years but last months he is back, just as you and improving to his old level
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: