SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fleiger hacks Gravon and cheats??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.02.2014 21:39    Post subject: Fleiger hacks Gravon and cheats?? Reply with quote

I was playing him in a sure win situation, well aware that he would try his usual tactic by running out the clock chasing. There were about 3 minutes more on the game clock than on his personal movement clock when the game suddenly ended, giving him a draw in a sure and soon-to-be loss.

I SUGGEST THAT MANAGEMENT CHECK THIS GAME AND COME UP WITH AN EXPLANATION, other than Fleiger has hacked Gravon and is cheating.

I usually will not play with the clock because , as I said before, too many wimps here abuse it and chase to get a draw. Grow some balls, would you? Those who use this tactic, when getting owned, haven't any honor at all and I would like an explanation how this game timed out when Flieger had about 3 minutes less on his personal movement clock, then there was on the game clock.

Lastly, is it such a horrible thing to allow somebody to receive a well deserved win when he has outplayed you? Good grief, some of you are pathetic.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 04.02.2014 17:28    Post subject: Re: Fleiger hacks Gravon and cheats?? Reply with quote

I have played since 2005 at Gravon and never experienced a bug in the system during my 2000 stratego games. Maybe you didnt notice it well and it was his time that was higher than the gametime? However it should be easy to check by an admin.

Playing slow is allowed when playing with clock, nothing wrong with that. Attacking a pieces multiple times back and forth without other reason then to steal time I consider unsportive.

deron wrote:
I was playing him in a sure win situation, well aware that he would try his usual tactic by running out the clock chasing. There were about 3 minutes more on the game clock than on his personal movement clock when the game suddenly ended, giving him a draw in a sure and soon-to-be loss.

I SUGGEST THAT MANAGEMENT CHECK THIS GAME AND COME UP WITH AN EXPLANATION, other than Fleiger has hacked Gravon and is cheating.

I usually will not play with the clock because , as I said before, too many wimps here abuse it and chase to get a draw. Grow some balls, would you? Those who use this tactic, when getting owned, haven't any honor at all and I would like an explanation how this game timed out when Flieger had about 3 minutes less on his personal movement clock, then there was on the game clock.

Lastly, is it such a horrible thing to allow somebody to receive a well deserved win when he has outplayed you? Good grief, some of you are pathetic.
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 11.02.2014 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

of course we can check that game, but then we need some facts: date, room nr. time etc.

what you do not understand is, that thinking time is equal to player strenth.
all serious mind sport games use a clock (like chess) and i never saw a discussion about it. if you take more time than your opponent, you must
live with the consequences.

i cannot believe that a player argues: i used much more time for thinking which leads to a winning position, but then he claims a draw by time and
doesnt take the loss.

just play faster and you are never in the situation of draw by time.
this is 100% your own playing style and NOT the prob of your opponent.

stratego
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 12.02.2014 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

ok now i know what happend in that game

flieger had more time at his peronal clock than the main clock, so he could always claim remise.

he took the chance (in a sure lost game) with some last pieces to lotto and after you moved just in front of his flag he claimed remise by time.
...nothing more.

but of course it was a softweare hack and in general its a cruel world with the bronstein clocks.

please check the clocks carefully before you post that someone has hacked the software.

stratego
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 12.02.2014 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the clock adds another dimension to the game - you can play without a clock and have a slow game and generally the slower clock or the ISF clock do not get close to expiring unless a player leaves the game for a while. The fast clock is the one that makes a real difference.

It is like watching snooker - you have some fast players (Ronnie O'Sullivan) and slower players (Peter Ebdon) and when there is no clock, part of the challenge against the slower player is staying focussed and patient. But when there is a clock, the slower player will find it harder as he has to take his shots within a set time. For stratego I think its much the same, you have the fast clock running, you know you cannot hang about too long. I assume this game was on a fast clock as the other 2 require an extremely long game before it would be an issue.

I sometimes set the fast clock especially against unregistered players, in case they do a runner so I don't have to wait long for the win - but some players ask not to set this in which case I change it. Presumably because they want the thinking time.
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 13.02.2014 04:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall that Flieger had less time than what was left on the game clock and that is why it surprised me. I was watching the clock, knowing darn well what he was going to try to do, to avoid a defeat.

It's a weasel tactic and grossly effeminate and easy to avoid because I will not play games with this silly clock and allow players to sneak out of losses in games that they were outplayed.

Try to be men, people. It's more important to withhold your dignity as a man than to attempt to create an artificially high ranking by weaseling your way out of losses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: