SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not enough time to return
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 20.07.2013 01:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

This coming from a guy who had 8 x-files recently. Why do you always make it so easy for me Bob?

I have said I sometimes lose my internet connection completely, but my point was 10 or 15 minutes makes no difference as it can sometimes go down for an hour or more and its frustrating but it happens to everyone sometimes. My x-files include an unranked game and a barrage game which are hardly things I'd 'run' from.

Meanwhile I see you haven't played anyone with even a 1400 rating since April Bob. How's that whole promise of "Im going to try and change being a humper" coming along? I'd say you've not even tried yet.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 20.07.2013 01:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:
This coming from a guy who had 8 x-files recently. Why do you always make it so easy for me Bob?

I have said I sometimes lose my internet connection completely, but my point was 10 or 15 minutes makes no difference as it can sometimes go down for an hour or more and its frustrating but it happens to everyone sometimes. My x-files include an unranked game and a barrage game which are hardly things I'd 'run' from.

Meanwhile I see you haven't played anyone with even a 1400 rating since April Bob. How's that whole promise of "Im going to try and change being a humper" coming along? I'd say you've not even tried yet.

Funny to see you up the x-file creek, Mr STABLE connection.

Last edited by unbiasbob on 23.08.2013 05:57; edited 1 time in total
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 20.07.2013 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to confirm then, you're still the biggest humper on Gravon and have not made any attempt to change that, which also makes you a liar.

Thanks for clearing that up!
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 31.07.2013 09:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammy I got it mf. I know why it doesnt matter to you if comeback time is 10 or 15 minutes. It's because when you leave a game it's intentional and you aint never coming back. How are the runners going Sammy? Did old Deron piss you off so much in that unrank game that you had to run away for x-file #6? LOL. Keep up the good work Deron
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 31.07.2013 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

No my wife started arguing about something halfway through that game so I got distracted and I forgot I only had 5 mins as it was unranked. Apologies Deron but you left as soon as it finished so I didn't get a chance to explain or offer a re-match.

But leave it to Bob to jump on - hey admins how come he is allowed to continually harass me in these forums anyway? I have to keep giving as good as I get but its getting tiring now - how do I make a complaint please?
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.08.2013 01:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been harrassing me and other Gravonians in the game room and forum for 7 years (especially in the game room) with comments. Anyone who has ever played you or read your forum posts would back me up on this. Since you asked nicely I won't say another word about you in this forum so long as you don't say anythng about me that I have to respond to. You're on ignore in game room so that silences you there
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.08.2013 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine by me - you might have failed to notice I only tend to reply in kind when you run your mouth Bob. When you shut up, I don't have anything to say - as you aren't really that important. In the game rooms, people can use the send chat to admin feature and yet here I am never having been reprimanded for my behaviour, so I would suggest you are as ever, speaking from your rear.

But happy to call it a day now!
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.08.2013 06:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:

I wanted to put here what the humper determination formula is. This way anyone who wants to check and see who are the top Gravon humpers are they can do so using my simple formula. I was going to make a list but refrained from doing so but I do know who they are

You take the number of non aqequate games and divide by total number of games played. This gives you the % of non adequate games played by the player and thus his hump %. very simple to do.

Last edited by unbiasbob on 23.08.2013 06:01; edited 1 time in total
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 02.08.2013 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bob,

An interesting post you have here. Nice formulas. But not all your statements are right.

unbiasbob wrote:

I wanted to put here what the humper determination formula is. [...] I will provide an example using Sammy

total non adequates = 154 total games played = 349

total non adequate is 44.13%

So Sammy is indeed a humper, I noticed that yesterday as he didnt was there to play me but started playing hamburgmichi right when I was away.

unbiasbob wrote:

Of course it would be unfair to include players above 1600 in this formula except for Tomba's 66.28% which always has him on the cusp of delisting.
Its not unfair I think but it has to be expounded cause there are less adequated players as higher your rating is.

unbiasbob wrote:
I am currently at 37% from 30.8% the other day. reason for this is patriot.
Well with your rating this is as high as humper Samuel, so you are also a humper because its very easy for you to play adequated opponents. Its not only patriot.
unbiasbob wrote:
I believe tableplay has the lowest non ads of anyone over 1500 at 6%. He avoid non ads.
I just spoke to him about it. We have to look for a word for this behaviour, maybe ''treepicking'' or something.
unbiasbob wrote:
I feel in looking at it right now that playing as few non ads as possible is wise as non ads require that you win 85% of them to simply tread water. Otherwise you go downhill.
I dont think so Bob. I think your and Sammy's rating are higher than they should by humping. But its only a feeling, no prove. Anyway it depends per player also and it should make no difference for the rating...
unbiasbob wrote:
Sammy [...] Sammy [...] you're [...]
Are you in love with Sammy?

unbiasbob wrote:
Just for fun I took the top 25 and figured out their winning % vs non ads and find that it's just not worth trying to exceed 85% unless your nick is AceRimmer
This is interesting but you are missing the spot here. How do you come on 85%? This percentage should be for example higher for Ace than it is for fighter while Ace has a higher ranking to defend. Interesting list though. But why did you not include Samuel and yourself? I bet its high, the more because compared to your ranking its probably more incredible.

unbiasbob wrote:
[...]avoid non ads and your rank would be higher I believe

Its not the first time you say you gonna stop being a humper, Bob. Hope this time you are real.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.08.2013 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine and Sammy's percentages are mentioned in the post (both 83% winning % vs non ads). The list is of top 25ers. I never claimed not to be a humper of sorts. Not sure where Sammy, myself or anyone else would be if we changed our picking strategies. Deron once said that some people avoid playing low rankers as they can be a threat to rank as much as anyone (see snelloc Rube). It's all up in the air really. I'm fairly certain that if I played zero non ads this year my rank would be around where it is now or perhaps higher.

Last edited by unbiasbob on 23.08.2013 06:04; edited 1 time in total
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.08.2013 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously? We're back to this again and in a topic that's about something else? REALLY?

I showed what I can do in the tournament and we've already statistically established that Bob is the biggest humper by far here. Who else plays sessions of 20 straight games against bottom feeders like Cyprus and Siyamek while never playing anyone over 1400?

Ruben I resent your remark - you didn't exactly hang around did you? When I looked at the chat box I saw you had said hi to me, but then you were already in a game with Olaf so yes I went and played someone else! Maybe you should realise that people don't sit there watching the chat box waiting for some action all day long, so either send a wakeup or be more patient.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.08.2013 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:
Seriously? We're back to this again and in a topic that's about something else? REALLY?

I showed what I can do in the tournament and we've already statistically established that Bob is the biggest humper by far here. Who else plays sessions of 20 straight games against bottom feeders like Cyprus and Siyamek while never playing anyone over 1400?

Ruben I resent your remark - you didn't exactly hang around did you? When I looked at the chat box I saw you had said hi to me, but then you were already in a game with Olaf so yes I went and played someone else! Maybe you should realise that people don't sit there watching the chat box waiting for some action all day long, so either send a wakeup or be more patient.

my games vs 1400 up = 92. record = 47-42-3 51.09%

your equivalent of my 1400 is 1462 (9.5% lower from 1542=1462)

your games vs 1462 and up = 94. record = 46-42-6 48.94%
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.08.2013 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've played more 1400 games than you even though you've played around 300 more games in total than me this year? That's not even counting all those I played with a rating of 1400-1461.

So who do you think the bigger humper is? (Hint: not me)
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 03.08.2013 00:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:
So I've played more 1400 games than you even though you've played around 300 more games in total than me this year? That's not even counting all those I played with a rating of 1400-1461.

Bob is by far the bigger humper of you two. He has a lower rating but he still got lots of non-adq opponents (almost equal as yours, while his opponents have to be weaker to be non-adq.

But nonetheless your a humper too Samuel, this is something Bob proved with his statistics.

Anyway it was too earlie to judge you from that game against hamburghi, Ill give you that and indeed it was brave to join the tournament, not an action a humper would do.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.08.2013 08:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:

I'll tell you what Sammy. The moment your non adequate games go below mine as a % of total games played I will admit and proclaim that I am the top humper 2nd to Tomba. Not until then though as your 43.87% takes the prize. It's all about non adequates. I'm not that far off so you should easily be able to pull this off. I am at 37.19% right now. Go for it Sammy or do you fear losses to non adequates. LOL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: