SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online Barrage Tournament 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 16.06.2013 20:44    Post subject: Online Barrage Tournament 2013 Reply with quote

Following the success of the main tournament (yet to conclude I know) I thought it would be fun to have a smaller version of a barrage event. I don't expect as many people to want to take part but if we could get 16 for a straight knockout format, that would be good. Being useless with websites, I'd need someone to help put up a site similar to the Classic tournament one to show the brackets and so on - would anyone be willing to do this?

More crucially, if you'd be up for it then please enter your name here! The format will need to be decided but I think it will be something like first to 5 wins goes through and maybe a longer final. Any suggestions welcome!
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 16.06.2013 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi samuel,

please ask the gravon admins first, if you want to launch a tourney. there are a lot of things running beside stratego and we have already plans for further tourneys.

also this is the wrong threat for posting another tourney.

stratego
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 16.06.2013 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok

Stratego - can we have a barrage tournament?

There we go!

I think someone already said I could start it when I enquired a while ago anyway, but those threads seem to have been archived somewhere now.

If you need to move it to another forum, please do so.
blacksheep
User

PostPosted: 16.06.2013 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any more online tourneys are organised, I'll put my name down.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 17.06.2013 09:49    Post subject: Re: Online Barrage Tournament 2013 Reply with quote

samuel wrote:
Following the success of the main tournament (yet to conclude I know) I thought it would be fun to have a smaller version of a barrage event. I don't expect as many people to want to take part but if we could get 16 for a straight knockout format, that would be good. Being useless with websites, I'd need someone to help put up a site similar to the Classic tournament one to show the brackets and so on - would anyone be willing to do this?

More crucially, if you'd be up for it then please enter your name here! The format will need to be decided but I think it will be something like first to 5 wins goes through and maybe a longer final. Any suggestions welcome!

Hi Samuel,

I will certainly join your tournament. A website is not essential I think.

grtz Ruben
jensneuij
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 17.06.2013 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be in for a Barrage tournament! Not alot of people usually like to play it on Gravon it seems.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 17.06.2013 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

No we may not need one, just keep tabs of results in here perhaps. I think the same rules should apply that did for the main tournament, in terms of what happens if people don't complete their games etc.

Well we have 4 already, spread the word - we need at least 8 but 16 would be ideal!
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 18.06.2013 02:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will play in any online barrage tourney, no problem.

But I have a question for you Samuel:
You seem to prefere Barrage to Classic, so why don't you make the 1 hour journey from Brighton up to London for the Barrage World Championship?
It wouldn't cost you much.......maybe ?10 for a return train journey + your entry fee.
Sunday 18th August is the date.
I will make some announcements in due course but it would be nice to see you at a real life tournament, Samuel.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 18.06.2013 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

acerimmer wrote:
I will play in any online barrage tourney, no problem.

But I have a question for you Samuel:
You seem to prefere Barrage to Classic, so why don't you make the 1 hour journey from Brighton up to London for the Barrage World Championship?
It wouldn't cost you much.......maybe ?10 for a return train journey + your entry fee.
Sunday 18th August is the date.
I will make some announcements in due course but it would be nice to see you at a real life tournament, Samuel.

Hey Ace,

I Believe It would be better to hold the barrage WC close to the WC Stratego with time and place. Like the thursday before the WC. There would be more players from more different countries which is of course better. Consider it for next year. I would probably join then and a lot of other Dutch and German guys too I think.

Grtz Ruben
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 18.06.2013 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed ruben. I agree.
The ideal situation is to have all the Stratego variants as part of the larger WC Stratego event like 2011. But unfortunately this is not up to me & most Stratego Bonds do not give the variants a high priority. I fight the corner for Barrage, Duel & UL within ISF but I am really a lone voice.
I have agreed to organise WC tournaments every 2 years in Barrage, Duel & UL for ISF.
If you want to talk about helping me to organise these tournaments then let me know and we can talk about the possibilities.
This year I am looking to organise Barrage WC and Duel WC at the MSO in London. I will be finalising the dates/times later this week. Let me know if you have any ideas for this year or you would like to help organise WC variant tournaments in future years. All help is gratefully received and appreciated.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 18.06.2013 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll think about it Ace - I didn't know about it to be honest. Im not really up for live board game tournaments as you know, but if this one is easy to get to I might come along. Meanwhile good to put you down for this one! Spread the word guys!
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 18.06.2013 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

acerimmer wrote:
Indeed ruben. I agree.
The ideal situation is to have all the Stratego variants as part of the larger WC Stratego event like 2011. But unfortunately this is not up to me & most Stratego Bonds do not give the variants a high priority. I fight the corner for Barrage, Duel & UL within ISF but I am really a lone voice.
I have agreed to organise WC tournaments every 2 years in Barrage, Duel & UL for ISF.
If you want to talk about helping me to organise these tournaments then let me know and we can talk about the possibilities.
This year I am looking to organise Barrage WC and Duel WC at the MSO in London. I will be finalising the dates/times later this week. Let me know if you have any ideas for this year or you would like to help organise WC variant tournaments in future years. All help is gratefully received and appreciated.

Ace, I would like to help in the future with a WC Barrage. We can talk about it in Berlin (think you will be there too?)

Samuel, off-line tournaments are very fun and there is a little bit extra psychology involved because you can play with your mimic etc. Give it a try
blacksheep
User

PostPosted: 19.06.2013 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a 'mimic'? I haven't heard that term before.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 19.06.2013 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

blacksheep wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a 'mimic'? I haven't heard that term before.

I think I used a bad translation from Dutch . The right word is ''Mime'' I think. It means ''Facial Gesticulation''.

You joining the WC, blacksheep?
blacksheep
User

PostPosted: 20.06.2013 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I know what you mean now. Well, if a player isn't confident in his playing ability, I suppose it's worth a shot. Re the WC, I was hoping to come, but it is on at the same time as my family holiday, so I can't make it. It would have been good to meet everyone. All the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: