SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gravon Stratego Open-- Start May 1, 2013 Sign Up and Rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markus1971
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 21.03.2013 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibt es das auch in Deutsch oder nur Englisch??
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 21.03.2013 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stratego,

Nice to have you in the tournament (again)! I think we are on the same line when I look at your list. Most of your comments has been discussed by Zach and me.

1. agree, My above post to Hansie made this clear.

2. This has to be discussed with Zach. I do not have a preference about this. Either is good for me. What about you Zach?

3. yes when we have even groups first 2 will probably continue. It depends of how many players will participate. Our target is to get 2 players in the final, 4 in the half final and when we have enough players 8 in the quarter, 16 in the 8th final etc. When the enrollments are closed we can decide how many poules and how many will continue, 2 per group would be best.

4. This is a good adding. Are there any players banned? Its good to know.

5. Yes of course gravon rules are leading. Fair play is important.

6.Yes we will do this. Zach and I are discussing this.

7. what happends if a player doesnt answere to any schedule or if some pairings do not finish within the group stage?
or if a player only offers some strange playing time e.g. 3am wednsday, 4am thuesday

We discussed this and we will come up soon with rules about this. However we didnt think of your last argument. Players need to be flexible more flexible than your hypothese player you draft here. We need to think of a rule on that one.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 21.03.2013 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

markus1971 wrote:
Gibt es das auch in Deutsch oder nur Englisch??

Hi Markus, Meine Deutsch ist nicht so gut. Aber es gibt viele spieler wer gar nicht Deutsch sprechen. Ein bitchen Englische sprache ist notwendig um Zeit ubereinkunften zu machen.
zach21
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 21.03.2013 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dieter, Ruben,

As far as point, 7., the scheduling point...

I believe that there are time frames where both players should be able to be on...

say 2-4 pm EST which is my time corresponds to 7-9 PM EU time, and 11 AM - 2 PM EST... if players are non responsive about times,

We will have the tournament committee, being myself, ruben and i nominate stratego or acerimmer, will decide that the games must be played during this window of time... if one player is on and the other is not then they are forfeited and blocked from future tournaments.

However, this is one problem we can not have a complete system for, because we are based on trying to have people play and can not force them, but maybe also some kind of repercussions from gravon for ranking will make people who sign up play... Now if a player cant make it and announces forfeit, maybe no gravon penalty, but a tourney penalty...

As far as the other points I mainly agree.

Point 2 is interesting, for instance Stratego you are a strong player but not ranked, so I think players who are not ranked for 2013, we will use there all time rank and put that as where they would be for 2013. What do you think?

Also for the knockout rounds after group, 2 can move on, the thing I am trying to clarify is that we go from Group stage to 8 teams in the knockout, if we can get more players maybe, we have 16 move on etc...

Zach
markus1971
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 22.03.2013 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok dann werde ich mich nicht anmelden weil ich nix verstehe was ihr schreibt!
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 22.03.2013 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:
I'm in. Unlike bob my holiday doesn't quite cover the entire time the tournament is in place for, but i am away first 2 weeks of May so will have to try and squeeze games in late on. I hope more people sign up though, is it worth sending chat messages to people cos not everyone checks the forums or even reads what's on the home page....

Just curious about this in case it ever applies in the future. How is samuel able to participate in the tourney when he is gone for 2 weeks of it? Is that doable? Don't mind me as I am a novice about tournies
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 22.03.2013 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

zach21 wrote:

Point 2 is interesting, for instance Stratego you are a strong player but not ranked, so I think players who are not ranked for 2013, we will use there all time rank and put that as where they would be for 2013. What do you think?

Also for the knockout rounds after group, 2 can move on, the thing I am trying to clarify is that we go from Group stage to 8 teams in the knockout, if we can get more players maybe, we have 16 move on etc...

Zach

Stratego has a very high all time rank but hasn't played for years. Shouldn't that be taken into consideration?
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 22.03.2013 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

List of players who joined the tournament already:

Acerimmer
Fonias
Gentleben
Zach21
Grizzlybear
Stratego
Flieger
Ruben87
Samuel
Hellas
Kleingrizzly (if able to play ranked and registrated on the forum).
Hansie (if registered on time)
We need some more

Last edited by ruben87 on 23.03.2013 13:55; edited 4 times in total
flieger
User

PostPosted: 22.03.2013 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.
hellas
User

PostPosted: 22.03.2013 21:01    Post subject: Re: Gravon Stratego Open-- Start May 1, 2013 Sign Up and Rul Reply with quote

zach21 wrote:
Hi all, this is the introductory post for the start of a new tournament this year, 2013 on gravon.

Here is the breakdown of the rules...

1. Settings-Games will be played ranking, publicly viewable, Clock Bronstein, 12 min/50 min/4 sec. (the middle one).

2.Grouping-The tournament will be broken into groups, based on 2013 ranking seeding: see list below (List will be the ranking of each player at the end of the sign up period, April 27, 2013). If you are not ranked (yet) your classic overall rating will be used. If you dont have a rating yet we will assume you have a 500 rating.
a. The objective will be for the groups to be broken down to have a quarterfinal round of 8 , semifinal round of 4, and finals of 2
b. group size will be determined based on how many players we have and how many can advance.
c.Groups will be equally depending on sign ups. Something like this for 16 players: similarly for 32 etc..
Group A 1, 16, 17, 32
Group B 2, 15, 18, 31
Group C 3, 14, 19, 30
Group D 4, 13, 20, 29
Group E 5, 12, 21, 28
Group F 6, 11, 22, 27
Group G 7, 10, 23, 26
Group H 8, 9, 24, 25

4.Scoring-The scoring for the groups is as follow:
1 point for win, 0.5 for draw and 0 for loss. Each matchup within a group will be 3 games. Even if someone is up 2-0 the third game shall be played.

From each group the top scorer will move on total points. However, if we have an odd number of groups for example, the next highest point totals will be added independent of group.

The next round will be best of 5 matchups, first to 3 points wins so it could be 2 wins 0 losses 2 ties, that is three points the person would move on.

5. Schedule-Time lengths for each group matchup best of 3, is one week. So the tournament should proceed with the following time table:

Week 1-3 Group Stages May 1-21
Final 8-6-4 1 week each per 5 matchups May 22-June 14

The Final will also be best of 5, but 3 wins must be achieved. so it could be more games. So first who wins 3 games is the winner!

Any questions Please let me know and Sign Up is Below...

6. Administrators- Zach21, Ruben87
hellas
User

PostPosted: 22.03.2013 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in too
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 22.03.2013 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Flieger and Hellas!
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 23.03.2013 01:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

In (but put me as usa time zone)
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 23.03.2013 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to have you in Ace!

What a topplayers, maybe we should call the tourney ''the masters on-line'' or something... We only miss Nochance from the absolute top now...
grizzlybear
User

PostPosted: 23.03.2013 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I am and participate at tournament.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: