SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Viewing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 16.03.2013 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if I had left a game and come back then good on me. It might have been to quit but at least I came back - the x-files suggest I dont leave games just because I'm losing, but we all get kicked out now and again and I obviously managed to get back but perhaps the game was un-winnable so I gave up anyway. Thats if this even happened as I don't recall and why would someone tell you this? Then we see your x-files and they show that you leave games and don't come back. You make excuses about a terrible dial up connection - come off it Bob, this is 2013. I've been to Thailand, they have broadband. To be honest if your connection was that bad you wouldn't even be able to play the game. I lived in China for a year with a slow connection and couldn't do timed games and sometimes it got stuck for ages, but my x-files still never got as high as yours.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 16.03.2013 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

unbiasbob wrote:
regarding humping, I said earlier that I dropped that subject as I came to the conclusion that the Adequate/Non Adequate system in place deals with it efficiently. I also stated earlier that I apologized to Ace for my posts on the subject which may have offended him. I'd like to take it a step further and apologize to ANYONE who I may have offended in past posts on the subject.

samuel wrote:
Sorry Bob you're talking bollocks again! You accuse people of 'humping' and you're the biggest humper here except Dozer.

Basically Bob, you seem to be talking out of your arse more and more frequently at the moment and it's getting loathsome.

What Samuel here says is exactly what bothers me about unbiasbob, his hypocrisy. He accused people of things in the past which are indeed not good, but at the same time he does it himself.

What is happening now: Unbiasbob doesnt want to confess he is a big cherry picker and humper himself and therfore very hyprocitical in all his posts about this.

No he chooses to apologise for all his posts, who were often very true about humping people. He even goes kissing the feets of these people like Ace and Dozer.

Well Bob, you don't make yourself popular with these 'tactics'.

Ps. I now see most of this is called by Samuel earlier this afternoon. The thing is I typed this this morning but couldnt finish it then and just came back home to post it.
blacksheep
User

PostPosted: 16.03.2013 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to say a word gentlemen that we are veering off the subject a little. Can we get back to the viewing subject and perhaps have another thread for the humping and cherry picking.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 16.03.2013 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what it is - Bob is a passive-aggressive player. He pretends to be nice, a "gentleman" as he keeps saying, but then he works the forum to needle people and works the system to improve his rank as much as he can, then to take the heat off he looks to bad mouth other people for anything he can find. Maybe if he spent more time playing and less time in here we'd all be better off and his game would improve naturally. Unbias is a hilarious name when you consider he is actually very biased against a lot of people and has a bias of playing lower ranked players en masse. He goes on about Ace playing marathons against low ranks, but has boosted his own rank just last night with about 20 games in a row against Siyamek.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 16.03.2013 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:
Unbias is a hilarious name when you consider he is actually very biased against a lot of people and has a bias of playing lower ranked players en masse. He goes on about Ace playing marathons against low ranks, but has boosted his own rank just last night with about 20 games in a row against Siyamek.

LOL Very True Samuel I couldnt say it better. It has crossed my mind earlier but never posted. I was thinking of a better suitable nickname for Bob like BiasBob but I didnt like it too much. Totally agree with your posting Samuel.

@ Blacksheep: Sorry mate we are indeed offtopic, but I think your point is clear and well made. Also the negative sides of watching are named. Only thing I could think of is an option where people could request by both players if he/she can watch the game. I would certainly give permission to you for watching my games if it ever will be an option to do that .
blacksheep
User

PostPosted: 16.03.2013 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, ruben, very good idea. I had that very thought myself. I wondered if there could be that facility. You could then chose who you allowed to watch. If stratego or spion read this, I wondered what their thoughts on it might be. You also certainly could watch my games. I am trying to ensure viewing is on when I am in a room now, but sometimes when you join a room it isn't ticked.

I take your point earlier about players seeing your setups, and that can be a worry, but I'd imagine someone like you and indeed all the other established players would have many setups. Some one would have do a lot of research on one player to work out all his/her set ups, and then you would have to get well into the game before you realised which one your opponent was using. And even then, you might not have the right one to take advantage of what you know. It is probably harder to do that than just use your natural skill and tactics as you would now.

But yes, it is nice to see players opinions on this, negative and positve. I would still say (and I have no evidence for this) that allowing watching does you no harm, using zach21 as the example. As a top 10 player he always allows watching and I have seen a lot of his games. It hasn't help me personally win anything against him, and it looks as though it hasn't helped other players either, although you would have to ask players this question. Other players like ace and Nochance allow watching sometimes, and they always command top places.

I do understand the concerns though, but in reality I would think the risk of picking up an advantage would be minimal by watching.

Basically for me anyway, it comes down to this - I can't always be bothered to play because I have been on nights and I am shattered, or I have have headache or can't concentrate, but still want to be involved in some way, and watching gives me that enjoyment. Nothing else really. I am just a bit addicted to stratego.

Thanks to all the players who have given their comments so far on this. All the best.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 17.03.2013 03:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

blacksheep wrote:
I would just like to say a word gentlemen that we are veering off the subject a little. Can we get back to the viewing subject and perhaps have another thread for the humping and cherry picking.

Good point BS, this has been going on as long as I've been on Gravon, threads going off topic. Start another threade "gentlemen" if you care to continue this discussion amongst yourselves. Let's see how many folks join in. My guess is 2
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 17.03.2013 07:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we're hopefully back on the viewing topic I will say this. certain players seem to absolutely never have viewing on. At least I've never seen it on with some guys over my 8 years here. Rube and Sammy are 2 of those guys who have never had viewing on when I entered they rooms during games multiple times over the 6 years the 2 have been ranked enabled. Their prerogative of course. Should anyone care to see an unbias game my viewing is on most of the time unless I joined a game where a player disabled it. In those cases should a person want to view I will ask my opponent if we can put on view and 99% of the time that player says yes. I think it's a habit for many players to disable view but when asked almost always they will agree to enable. As I said the key words here are "almost always". When I first played on Gravon edfx would play all the big names and ask them for viewing: gpet0, ambiorix, wussy, Ace, miltos, skilgannon, brookdale, esquire, tableplay, edbomb, Art and others. they would always agree. It actually helped me watching those games back in 2005 as I was a sub 1300 player then. Specter was a guy who always helped and allowed viewing. So in short it is RARE that someone will refuse watching, at leasr that is my experience being on here a very long time. In those days edfx and specter were the biggest helps to my game. they went out of their way to help.

as years passed and new players came along Zach21 and tableplay have been enormous helps. I try and help newbies anytime I can. Passing along the torch. Allowing viewing is a big help in my opinion along with other coaching techniques like recommending ways to set up your board. I find this important also
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 17.03.2013 08:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

As expected you are back in attacking mode Bob. Its not very convincing.

You are totally right about me here, Ill give you that. I seldom have watching on and I have my reasons for this. Also I have every right to do this so I dont see the problem.

Furthermore I am by far not the only one who doesn't often put on watching. Why do you let it look like Samuel and I are the only ones? Its typical here you are again biasing the facts, mr. BiasBob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: