SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mojo1967 runs from losses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
art
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 27.12.2011 03:53    Post subject: mojo1967 runs from losses Reply with quote

mojo1967 made me wait 7 minutes for a victory with a timer.
Then he did come back to finish

Last edited by art on 05.01.2012 06:22; edited 1 time in total
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 29.12.2011 01:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't even play me, runs away every time!
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.01.2012 08:09    Post subject: Re: mojo1967 runs from losses Reply with quote

art wrote:
mojo1967 made me wait 7 minutes for a victory with a timer.
This is a violation. He should be banned. He ran from the table like a coward.
9:52 pm dec 26th

Mr Mojo Risin. Happy New Year everybody
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 03.01.2012 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes for 2012 Bob and all Stratego players!
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 26.12.2012 04:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojo has been risin' in the ranks
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 26.12.2012 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm,

mojo isnt known for leaving games. he has zero entries in the x-files.

but bob has now 5 entries ????? what happend?

and art you left 2 games in the last week - so why do you post names, if you do the same?

next players on the list for a ranking rest: (one more game in the x-files) are:

JohnnyBlood - unbiasbob - chief - moddercrosser

merry x-mas and a happy new year

stratego
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 27.12.2012 01:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stratego. this is an old thread and not relevant currently for mojo and maybe never was. I only brought it up to comment that mojo has become a very good player who is rising in the ranks since this was posted and not because he is a runner. as far as my x-files: no I never run from games. I think I did once back in 2005 my first year. not my style and most would attest to this. I have a connection here in Thailand that's worse than dialup. it's a slow mobile phone connection tethered to a laptop that drops out all the time. my connection is far worse than even Rave's. Getting back in 5 minutes on these unrankers is hard and happened 4 times recently. the other was a barrage game vs gamble ranked and I couldn't get back in 10 minutes. IF I were to run on games which of course I never do but if I were to the last thing I'd do is run from a game of barrage. I'm no more a runner than rave is

one of those x-files was strange. i lost connection vs a white nick. he left the game while i was trying to get back. i make it back a tad late and see an x-file with winner vonguyengiap who i was not even playing so he joined the game. anyway i may just give unrank games a rest for a while. not worth it

My 7 years of zero x-files should speak for itself anyway. I didnt suddenly become an unrank game serial runner overnight. I was in Bangkok those 7 years where the connection is ok. I moved to the sticks a year ago and only choice for internet is this bad mobile connection that drops out.

Some other points about my recent x-files. I posted about my x-file streak of 7 years being broken in an unrank game so obviously I take them seriously. Find one player who calls me a bad sport or a runner. I was away from Gravon for over a year and came back Nov. 6 and been playing games at a torrid pace averaging 6 games a day - 300 ranked classic games in all so far and had zero x-files in those. i also played a bunch of unranks and had 4 x-files in though due to dropped connection and failure to get back in 5 minutes. I also had 1 x-file in a rank game of barrage due to connection. 2 of those classic unrank x-files had 11 or fewer moves

6 games per day would be 2200 in a year which is more than even rave's 1972. Rave has had 6 x-files due to bad connection in India. I'm across the Andaman Sea with my own bad connection.

cheers

Last edited by unbiasbob on 27.12.2012 14:00; edited 1 time in total
art
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 27.12.2012 03:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.01.2013 00:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a defender of Chief; I know he's had issues and a suspension or 2 over the years. However I did see something from the x-files stick out like a sore thumb: a 1 move x-file game he lost

2012-12-10 16:54 Classic silvershade chief opponent missing 1 00:17:57
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 01.01.2013 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

i check the x-files very carefully and of course i see games which are listed but not important.

but chief is always in the list, since years with more or less games. and if you are known for leaving games, the decision is different.

normally (see our terms and conditions) we stop the ranking after a 2nd game. but we do not want to
punish a overreaction each time. the practised philosophy is 6 games, if we do see reasonable grounds.

but of course sometimes its better to stop after 2 or 3 games. it alway depends from the circumstandes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: