SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Watch out for newbies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 21.06.2011 10:43    Post subject: Watch out for newbies Reply with quote

I wish there was a fool proof system of flagging re-registered newbies. I know there is not. But I guess if someone gets a new IP and new computer, there's no way of telling if he's an oldbie. It's just not possible to tell in that case. Call me mr suspicious I guess. I wish everyone luck. We can always be sure of 99% thanks to the fine works of the admins

a side question i have is: What happened to old friend ogetarts? happy to see knickles back. I know the game burns people out after a while. I get burned out and vanish for a while. but I always come back. keep it cranking.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 23.06.2011 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are we meant to be watching out for though Bob? That you expect an easy game because they're new, only to find they are really good? I mean you have to try against everyone - Im one of the worst for taking lower ranked players lightly and end up losing games I should have won. WHen its an unfamiliar name I tend to assume they might be very good so for me thats an advantage if it means I'll focus properly.

There was a thread or a forum on here where the admins were updating if someone changed their registered name, but I suppose it is pretty much impossible to pick out a whole new account being registered.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 24.06.2011 06:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

no sammy, this is not about winning and losing. it's about potential scammers breaking the rules. Like if you Sammy or me moved. here's an example: I move back to the USA, I have a new puter, I have a new I.P. I register a new name. I'm not talking about guys who legally change their names like a Fouche or edfx. I remember the thread. the problem is there really is no way to know. In the past year I've chatted with some newbies who say they live somewhere in the USA where I've spent a lot of time but they can't answer a simple question about the area. That kind of thing arouses my suspicion.I would say this is the 1st year I've noticed this sort of thing. I could be completely off base and there really is no way of knowing so nothing anyone can do really. So all we can do is disregard it.

Now about Oge. What happened to the guy if anyone knows?

Psychicwarrior told me in January that he (PW) was taking a year off so that's why he hasn't been around
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: