SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Registering nicknames

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 12.07.2010 18:50    Post subject: Registering nicknames Reply with quote

Can I just ask how come there is a Rapunzel (who we all know and love) and a Rapunzel54 who seems to play Rummikub? I have seen them both online at the same time so I assume it isn't the same person?

I just wondered as when my brother tried to register Simon3 a while ago, he was rejected because it was too similar to Simon, which is already registered (though I've never once seen this user online, maybe the account should be deleted if he hasn't been on here for several years?)

Thanks for your reply in advance.
spion
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 12.07.2010 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Samuel,

until the end of last year, two separate websites existed: Gravon (as you know it) and a separate server with only just Rummikub (known as Rummikub online) but basically the same program. At the end of last year, we decided to take over Rummikub to Gravon (and so on one server) so that all Rummikub-players can play all other Gravon games as well and all Gravon players can play Rummikub.

Both sides had their own user accounts with already existing nicks. So we had to merge both databases and so it comes that there are some nicks which are close to already existing ones.

Rapunzel is a Stratego player coming from Gravon and Rapunzel54 is a Rummikub player coming from Rummikub online but now both playing on Gravon. Fortunately there are only a few cases of nicks being so similar.

Best regards
Thorsten
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: