SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Repentant cherry pickers, EXCEPT DOZER!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gentleben
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 22.03.2010 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope cherry picking does not become a common problem because I really do not like to complain. I am happy the other players who were doing it changed or improved.

And though I generally try not to rejoice in someone else's loss, I can't help myself from doing it after seeing Dozer lose.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 24.03.2010 01:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most players would lose too many odd games here and there...I just lost to arco who is ranked 2nd bottom! Yeah he did lotto but still, when they're that low down you should be able to overcome lotto anyway, but thats the way it went. Dozer can't keep beating them 100% of the time forever!
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 27.03.2010 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I don't understand - how does Dozer even get any points for beating players so far below him? In barrage I won 10 games in a row including a couple against players not that far below me, and my rating went from 1507 to 1508. It did that after about the 3rd win, so I've since won 7 in a row and my rating hasn't budged! So if mine doesn't go up in barrage for these kind of wins, how come Dozer gets a point or 2 for his wins? It's not like he's played dozens of games, yet he seems to have scored points for those he has played, whereas my barrage is just stuck on the same level.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.04.2010 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

The value of beating players so far below your ranking seems to be far too high.

Dozer has played a handful of low players and shot past me at great speed.

Maybe I should have just played low players like Dozer????

Looking at my games last year for the whole of 2009..... I played 104 games against players who were 500 points below my ranking.
I won 103 of those games, drew 1 game and lost 0 games.

Looking at the games I have played this year against players 500 points or more below my present ranking..........the results show:
I have played 71 games, won 70 and lost 1 game.

In total for 2009 and the first quarter of 2010
I have played 175 games against players 500 points or more below my ranking and won 173 of those, drew 1 game and lost 1 game.

What does this prove?
Well it proves that what Dozer has done isn't all that hard to do.
While the rest of us balance our games between hard and easy opponents.......thus getting a fairly accurate rating......Dozer continues to manipulate the system avoiding all hard or even moderately hard games.

It is obvious to me and most players that he will not change his opponents and he will continue this manipulation for as long as the system lets him.
He needs to be stopped asap as he is just taking the god damn piss.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.04.2010 04:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to play him again today and he removed me from my place. I re-joined and he said 'lol' in the chat box, then removed me again! I reset it, asked if he was scared, and he went to another room but didn't get a game.

I'd still like to know why my barrage rating doesn't budge no matter how many games I win against players with lower ratings, when Dozer's classic rating keeps going up when he does the same? With barrage it's different as its hard to get a game so you take whatever you can, and with most players not so used to it, most of them do have much lower ratings. My WSC rating must be an all time record now, but the Klier rating just stays stagnant. If Dozer can get points by beating low ranked players, how come I don't?
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.04.2010 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to do with averages Samuel.
The more games you play.....the harder it is to move your ranking with just one game. Whether that be a win or loss.

An example might be.......if a player plays 1000 games on the 2010 ranking......his ranking will be fairly hard to move as the new game will not alter the average rating very much.
On the other hand if a player has only played a few games..... for example 50 games.......then a win or loss can increase of decrease the rating much more, as it has a larger impact on the average rating.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.04.2010 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then surely the point will come that Dozer will not see his rating improve with each low quality win. And then others shall start to overtake him? I dont know how many barrage games I've played in 2010 but it can't be that many more than he's played classic.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.04.2010 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Barrage rankings are ALL TIME rankings and not just 2010.

Hence you have played around 6 or 700 games i would guess. (without looking)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: