SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dozer's winning streak
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.01.2010 17:38    Post subject: Dozer's winning streak Reply with quote

Have you noticed that Dozer has currently won 47 straight games? Is that a Gravon record?

I've tried 3 times to play him as it would be cool to be the one who ends his run, but all 3 times he's lived up to his nickname and dozed off, so the game never started. Unless he's still avoiding me as he did after he lottoed me to steal one then wouldn't play me again...

Im amazed winning 47 straight games still isn't enough to move him top of the WSC list though. Do you think he'll make 50? Who's going to beat him and end the streak?
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.01.2010 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuel: Don't concern yourself with Dozer.......he has done this many times before and will every year. Basically he avoids EVERYONE who has any realistic chance of beating him (when going for his winning streaks) and just accepts games from players under 1400........or players he has a very good record against like chief.
I have joined his game before......and he just totally ignores you till you go away.......then as soon as a low player joins......he accepts the game and plays them.
That is just how he is!

He did a 46 game winning streak last year (or year before)........but that again was by cherry picking all his games. BIG DEAL!

If I cherry picked all my games I (and probably quite a few other players) could easily beat his win streak.
As for the record......yes in classic.....but not anywhere near my UL record win streak of 82 games.

Why isn't he higher on wsc? Easy answer.......you only get approximately 2 points for each low player you beat. So his win streak has only gained him around 100 wsc points. By playing a similar strength player you would roughly get 15 points per win.

Everyone knows wsc is not a true show of the rankings.......like Dozer could ever really be classed as top 3 on Gravon?

Wsc is just a bit of fun.....the real ranking is and always will be Kleier!!!!
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.01.2010 00:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont say that, you'll spoil my joy of reaching the barrage wsc number 1 spot!

Im surprised he didnt play me though as he does have a good record against me, although I suppose he knows he has had to lotto and been lucky a couple of times recently so perhaps thats why.

What you say is true though, he hasn't played anyone even close to him in the rankings, except Fouche but that was near the start of the streak when he probably wasn't thinking about it.

Even so though, its easy to drop the odd game against a weaker player so anything over 40 is impressive regardless.

I bet I annoyed him yesterday then as I sat down and waited so long the server automatically reset in the end, we must have been there for ages but I was busy watching sport online so wasn't too bothered. Maybe thats what we should do so he can't wait for weaker players all the time.
count_floyd

PostPosted: 06.01.2010 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

What helped his streak is going 19-0 vs chief...his main bitch.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 06.01.2010 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief baffles me!
A Nice guy......but very baffling.

(Certainly Dozer's favourite opponent with over a third of his win streak against chief........and the rest basically made up of 1200, 1100 and 1000 ranked players)
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 08.01.2010 00:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance Dozer IS chief and he has 2 accounts? chief is a good player, you'd expect him to win the odd game at least...

I just tried to play him again and surprise surprise, nothing. So I go play someone else....moments later he is taking on the mighty Voetbal.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 08.01.2010 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well......after beating chief 20 times.....chief finally won 1 and ended Dozers run.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 08.01.2010 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeah so he did. But I see he's started a new attempt now only taking on low rated guys....apart from a certain Count Floyd! Come on Count you should have stuck it to him on behalf of all of us who 'aren't allowed' to play him!
gentleben
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 10.01.2010 08:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

He avoids playing me too. Avoiding playing high ranked players to pad a rating can easily be spotted. Out of roughly 120 ranked players, 40 of them are 1500 or above, one third. So all one has to do is calculate the percentage of games a player plays against 1500 or above players and if it is significantly lower than 33% then that person is being selective on who they play.

Ace is right, Dozer's % for the last 100 games is about 16%, and only 1 out of the last 60 games! Of the 16, he lost 10 of them.

My % so far this year is 44%. Over the last 100 games I am at 51%. Most of the lower ranked players will not play me for some reason. I do not go out of my way to play higher ranked players.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 10.01.2010 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

(before playing 2 games with vobi last night) My last 100 games......
Have seen 34% played against 1500+ ranked players.
Of these 34 games.....I only managed to win 26, draw 1 and lose 7.........which is roughly a 78% win ratio against 1500+ players.
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.02.2010 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could still play. Government computer will not allow me into the game for some reason. These were the same discussions about people awhile ago when I played a lot. It is still a game? No? It is fun nonetheless. A true good player will play mostly good players and accept those results, whatever they are. And a good player will have a winning %.

I ran my numbers. In my last 100 games, I played 61% of players that were above 1500 (and alot within 25 points) and have 74 wins, 23 losses, and 3 draws. To me that is pretty good and I had alot of fun doing it. And I always sought high ranked opponents but would play anyone.

Let dozer be a coward....

Hope to be back soon. Spion can u help me?????
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.02.2010 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Esquire,
Quote:
A true good player will play mostly good players and accept those results, whatever they are. And a good player will have a winning %.

I agree with 2 out of those 3 comments.
I think a true good player will play ANYONE (low, medium and high ranked players alike) and accept those results whatever they are......and yes of course a good player will have a winning % the main competition. (other high ranking players)

You say you play 61% against 1500+ players. This is only possible if you target high ranked players and avoid playing the lower ones. Is there any harm in this......no, but you are being a little selective. I calculated the % of players above 1500 in each of the last 3 years and the % figure of players above 1500 has been constant at around 33% every year. (2008/2009/2010)

I see players falling into 3 crude categories.

1. Bottom feeders: the guys who avoid all competition and merely feed on the lower players. Dozer could be classed in here for sure. (maybe around 7% of players here could be classed in this category)

2. Play anyone: the guys who play anyone of any rank (which is maybe 90% of players here) Example: Skillgannon.......plays anyone.

3. Top feeders: these guys fall into 2 categories......lotto players and bluff masters. These players have a higher than average win % against the better players and lower than average win % against the lower players and hence target a better standard of opponent. Examples: Zach21 for the lotto players (2%) and Esquire for the bluff masters (1%).

Of course......this choice to avoid the lower players may not be a choice associated with gaining a rank higher.......as playing better players usually is more of a challenge and gives much more enjoyment than beating a lower player.

With a constant figure of 33% of players having a 1500+ rating..........any figure below around 25% or above 40% would certainly indicate players being selective in who they play.
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.02.2010 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluff master? What's that? And I have a higher win percentage vs lower ranked. Your theory is wrong. I don't target ranks. I target good games if there is such a thing. I like playing higher ranked players included yourself but its hard to get a game sometimes. One of the reasons I quit playing was because of this. The "avoiders" take the fun out of the game.

I would say that playing over 50% of my games vs higher ranked players AND having a good winning % is a good thing. We are even heads up I believe Ace. So I don't know what you are speaking of.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.02.2010 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Esquire,

Bluff Master is a nice way of saying a tricky player.

What I said about you having a lower than average win % against lower players is true.
Take the overall rankings : http://www.gravon.de/gravon/stratego/player0.jsp?nick=ESQUIRE
.......players at 1100 you beat on average 90% of the time. (see the graph) Sure you have a winning % against them......but for your rank you should be beating these guys 99% of the time.

Your graph also shows you do relatively better against better opponents......(compared with your EXPECTED win %........which is the white line on the graph)
Against roughly 1750 opponents you have a win % of around 47 ish % which is better than your expected win % against these players as you are actually only expected to win 35% of those games. (see the graph)
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 06.02.2010 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA...I never could figure out how to read that damn chart. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Yeah I could "fix" my lower player ranks - but when I started playing on here, I had no idea how to even play this game - look at my 40 game losing streaks...lol.

So yes I did lose many many games for the first 6 months to year. If I started a new name I am sure I would fare much better... o well - thats just a hassle.

Nice to see you still play. Where the hell is the others - leto, playa, wussy, misiu, etc...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: