SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who will win?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.12.2009 03:06    Post subject: Who will win? Reply with quote

Who would win?

I have a General, 2 Majors, a Capt., a Lieutenant, a Sargent and a Miner.

Gpet0 has a General, a Sargent and 3 Miners.

All alleys are covered by my pieces and get0 has only moved the general.
I have moved the general and 4 pieces (2 majors,capt & luit.......he knows my general, majors and capt)

Who would win?

Unforunately I never got chance to finish the game as my internet went down.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 04.12.2009 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. How many possible bombed flags did gpet have? I think most chance is a draw but it depends on the possible flags and the risk you (ace) would take.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.12.2009 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gpet0 had 6 bombs but I knew 1 definite bomb and all gpet0's pieces were on one side of the board in a large clump (apart from 2 pieces on the back row in the centre and on the other side)

If I was to attack it would be logical to eliminate the 2 unknown pieces in the centre and on the opposite side. This way the large clump could easily be controlled by 3 pieces sitting just above the group of unmoved pieces.

In this situation a win is not sure.......but I would say.......70/30.
Certainly there is no realistic chance of a loss. Worse case scenario is a draw.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.12.2009 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I would imagine the player with your lineup would be win Ace, unless he was a very poor player. Even with only 1 minor, you just need to find his general and get him cornered if possible - even if not you'll be playing the game where he goes round and round in a square and you keep cutting him off while moving other pieces down the other side. You might have needed to sacrifice a piece to find his general but you still had enough. Its very annoying when internet goes down, when I was in Asia it happened a lot and I lost 4 or 5 ranked games to players who were below me, usually in games where I was clearly going to win. Im only just recently off the x-files list after that too.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.12.2009 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know his general.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.12.2009 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then it should be a certainty. I guess this confirmation only serves to make you feel worse that your net went pear shaped though?
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.12.2009 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interesting one - in barrage, I took the spy with a scout, leaving my scout next to either the bomb or the flag in the corner. Seeing I was about to take the spy, the opponent (Jugador_S) would presumably use his scout to get to the back line and wipe mine out, knowing I was about to get the spy and then the flag. But he didnt do this, so I thought it might be the piece in front instead, and he was letting me go for the bomb in the corner. Of course, the flag was in the corner afterall so he stole one. But isnt that a hell of a risk to take, that I wouldn't just go for the corner piece since I was already there?
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.12.2009 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a shame Jugador S doesnt have a keyboard, you cannot communicate with the guy. I think hes actually better at barrage than anyone else I've played. He has a knack of always winning the 50-50s!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: