SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystery Jerk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gentleben
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 07.05.2009 11:12    Post subject: Mystery Jerk Reply with quote

There is a regular unregistered player here who is a real pain. Another registered player here referred to him as "evil". He rarely signs on using the same nick but his style of play and his comments makes it obvious it is the same player. I have come across him under the nicks: darkmen, hopper, oki, caltech and some others I can't remember. He is one of those taunters who says things like: loser, obvious play, liar, you play like a girl, sore loser, predictable, you were too easy to beat, and other worse garbage. He is not courtious at all and will leave without comment if beaten. He is also known to send frequent wakeup signals just to be a pest.

I am curious if anyone knows who he is. He usually is online around 4-10pm est. His setups are almost always the same: random bombs down both sides with an open flag behind a lake on the second row (usually). His style of play is easily recognizable: alot of shuffling of pieces in the middle to make you lose track of pieces you know and he plays conservatively taking advantage of rank.

I believe he is American because he types fast english with good grammar and he is online evenings New York time. He is probably a player from that other stratego site. He has also tried to make me believe he was Eindhoven becasue he typed Eindy's favorite phrase several times, "pffffffffff".

I do not believe it is Eindhoven because his english is too good and style of play is different. I do not believe it is Sadistic because he is not as good and again, his style of play is different (he does not attack or setup like Sadi does). Though I would be willing to bet Sadi knows who he is.

My sympathies to anyone who has had the unpleasant experience of playing this coward. I don't know if anything can be done about him but Gravon would be better without him here. If nothing can be done I at least hope this information can help people avoid him or beat the daylights out of him.
-deleted12616

PostPosted: 07.05.2009 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played this diuce last evening. Beat him easily and I was taunted for several minutes until I /ignored him. Nick was IBM
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 07.05.2009 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first thought was sadistic

I have no idea, i dont play a lot of unranked players...
-deleted12616

PostPosted: 08.05.2009 00:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you tell if the player is registered???
gentleben
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 08.05.2009 05:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funakoshi, there is a button on the main login screen that says "user rooms" that gives you a look at everyone online all at once. The color of their nick tells you whether they are registered. White nicks are not.

Rueben, I really don't think it is Sadi. The mystery player is not as good and Sadi will attack when he has an advantage, this guy will not at first because he is concerned about you lottoing his flag. Also, Sadi usually plays with most bombs in the middle back with his flag mixed in. This guys bombs are spread out on the sides usually.
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 08.05.2009 06:06    Post subject: mystery jerk Reply with quote

Hi Ben, I couldn't agree with you more. Another nickname he used is Samson. He's right up there with some of the worst irritators who have ever played here or at WSC. Unranked players this guy is spoiling your opportunity to get games since us ranked persons are less likely to now play you. I will still play unranked games, but I'm definitely more hesitant now.

Cheers, tp
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 08.05.2009 08:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,

first of all thx for the info.
i checked all nick names and found different players. one player used some of the mentioned nicks.
(nick oki wasnt used till today)

samson is one person
ibm - hopper - caltech and a lot more is one person
darkmen is one person (are you sure he did it? maybe another user used
this free nick)

no one is from usa - all mentioned nicks are from eu

please use the option: Chat to administration => menu commands - if a player behave like this.

one player out of this list is known for his bahaviour and if i see again 2-3 chats to admins with his ip
i will (again) bann his ip - but now for a much longer time.

we know, that some people like to use the unreg nicks to be king for one night.
next day they are normal and friendly again - but if they go on we will act immediately.
same with the x-files - most players leave games with unreg nicks, but i am still checking from
time to time the unreg nicks - and we get them.

stratego
gentleben
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 08.05.2009 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the research Stratego. I am CERTAIN hopper and caltech are the person I am referring to. I thought darkmen may have been him because of the way he played but i beat him and he didnt say anything. The guilty player in question doesn't usually taunt when beaten so I could be wrong about darkmen. As for oki, I was stretching my memory to remember a similar nick. I could have got it wrong. I cant speak for samson because I dont recall ever playing him.

As for being from the usa, it was a guess based on time and english grammar so it could be wrong too. And I was certainly not trying to put the usa down, since I am from there.

And thanks for the info on the admin chat command. I did not know that.

If he is from eu, is this player Eindhoven or would you rather not say?
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 08.05.2009 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

no - for sure not - the ip is from a different country.
and from this country we have only one active stratego player in the moment.

please send the chats and i am sure we get him soon.

greets
stratego
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 09.05.2009 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this player from Denmark by any chance?
If he is........then does he actually have a registered name here?

Sounds like the git I had problems with a few weeks ago.
My intel told me he was a certain Danish player who is known elsewhere.
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 23.05.2009 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

we got another chat to admin with a lot of wake ups and insults.
the player needs a rest and was banned for at least 3 months.

greets
stratego
gentleben
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 28.05.2009 04:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good news. Thanks for all you do here Stratego to make gravon a great place to play. People who act like the jerk make things bad for everyone. It is too bad they have to show their insecurity and act the way they do. But I am glad there is something that can be done about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: