SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW Stratego Feature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 14.04.2009 21:29    Post subject: NEW Stratego Feature Reply with quote

hello,

we smaller the time if someone leaves a game:

- for ranked games its now 10 mins to get the win
- without ranking its 5 mins

we hope this helps and the fair players doesnt have to wait to long.

please notice:

we will not change results because someone cannot rejoin a game within
10 mins. its up to the players to check the internet connection.

if someone doesnt move within 5 mins (unranked) he lose the game.

games with bronstein clock are not touched by these changes.

- - - - - - - -
because of some question about the bronstein modus:

if the last player ends his setup by clicking the "ready" button the time
of the red player starts !!!
its not, that you have to move a piece.

greets
stratego
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 15.04.2009 02:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stratego,

Clearly you seemed to have made 3 changes here.....and I would like to comment upon these 3 changes separately, as I have differing views upon each individual change.

Firstly: Ranked games reducing from 15 mins to 10 mins

I would prefer 15 mins, rather than 10 mins......as often if you lose connection......you may be waiting 5 minutes or so for your opponent to move before you realise your god damn screen has frozen and you are no longer connected. Only after typing something and watching to see if the words actually appear on the screen.....so you actually know whether you are still connected. Moving this to 10 mins......could mean a higher percentage of disconnections and more unhappy players.

Secondly: Unranked games reduced to 5 mins from 15.

I actually agree with this as (for me) unranked games matter little and the amount of "cut and runs" from unregistered players is usually very high compared to registered players.

Thirdly (and most importantly): None adjustment of results due to disconnection.

This is crazy and does nothing to improve the site.

As a matter of fact I would say this decision is detrimental towards the site.

I am still awaiting the correction from 3 or 4 weeks ago of a game I was disconnected while up several key pieces and clearly in a winning position. The guy agreed for this game to be void and I took the necessary steps which were in force at the time. I still wait!

Making disconnections non adjustable will devalue the rankings as they will now be affected by a persons connection strength rather than on a persons skill in playing the game.

For some it will not matter......but for those that this decision affects (and the higher players have most to lose) this will be very annoying and will not be popular.

I for one am considering my future here.
I know what it feels like to lose by disconnection when in a strong winning position and do not wish to have to risk this without at least being able to argue the case of why the game should be voided.

Ace
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 15.04.2009 03:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi ace,

i do not agree and we have tons of info from other players who ask for a smaller time limit.

i think we dont have to talk about the 5 mins for unranked games.

if we talk about the ranked games, we test this for a long time with malefiz and it works well.
i dont know one single case with a changed result.

what we are really talking about is not a gravon prob, its a player computer prob and we cannot
handle it.

also i do not agree to the fact, that a player needs 5 mins to understand, that he lost connection.
maybe a min or max. 2 but 5 ?? then just click at reconnect and all is done within some seconds.

in the end 2 scenario can happen:

1. a player has major internet probs:
then he should not play ranked games till he fixed it or he can use bronstein modus.

2. a player has 1 (maybe 2) games a year with a loss because of a complete internet discon.
i think this doesnt matter and every player can live with the result, even if
he was winning.
but most players has no prob since years (and 10 mins are enough time to log in again)

lets test this system for some months and then we have more information.

and please do not forget the positiv facts of these changings. its hard to
wait 15 mins for a win
if you are close to the flag and the opponent leaves.

stratego
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: