SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who's the best player on gravon in your eyes ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricardo90
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.09.2007 23:22    Post subject: who's the best player on gravon in your eyes ? Reply with quote

hello all.

who's the best player on gravon in your eyes ?

this can mean, the most actif player. The most winning player.
or just the total picture. or what else

I'm curious about the reactions
againhere
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.09.2007 10:49    Post subject: Re: who's the best player on gravon in your eyes ? Reply with quote

hello,
i think im not the best player here.
but maybe
nochance
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 05.09.2007 15:40    Post subject: Best player Reply with quote

1. AceRimmer: at the top in classic, ul and duell
(and had beaten me already : wow *g*)
is he really no dutchman ?

2. skilgannon: more than 2000 games in 2007 (without bronstein)
zach21 (rarely with bronstein 1)

3. NoChance: i like me

4. dozer: 46-win-streak, however...
ricardo90
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.09.2007 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

dozer didn't win from many good players in that streak did he ?

acerimmer ? hmm in my eyes not the best player. in UL and Barrage ? ok

but classic ? no, thats not ace.

in my eyes are the best players :

-Playa1
-Lightwing
-Ricardo90
-Support
-wussy
-lion
nochance
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 05.09.2007 18:36    Post subject: ric's list Reply with quote

With the best players, i meant the most influencing players for the last months or the year 2007.

"Really" best players: Ricardos list is ok; but lightwing is not "gravon" and lions last game ... oh i dont know, when it was... was i just registered?
----

NoChance
againhere
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.09.2007 19:32    Post subject: Re: ric's list Reply with quote

riardos list is good but maybe he forgot someone

againhere
ricardo90
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.09.2007 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

lightwing is banned from gravon, ok. but he is still on the list, so he stays one of the best players and however he is one of the top 15 players in the whole world www.kleier.net

sorry againhere, but you and i both know you're joking
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.09.2007 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make me laugh ricardo!

You name 6 dutch players as the best 6 players?
In that list of 6 dutch players.....you then list yourself as one of the best 6??

That's your opinion and that's fine.......but how do you come to this conclusion?

Am I the best player? Maybe or Maybe not......but I think your quick conclusion that I am not......is very short sighted. Whether I am or not......I certainly think I would list highly.

Being the #1 in 8 out of the 10 rankings on Gravon.....and 2nd in the other 2 remaining rankings........I think I deserve far more credit than your narrow sighted top 6.
Add onto this.......I am also #1 at Meta in classic, barrage, duell and UL..........then your list seems even more strange.

Lets take your match ups......to these players you list in the top 6!

In 2007

Playa1.........................1-1..............ricardo
-Lightwing...................14-12............ricardo
-Ricardo90.................N/A
-Support ...............no games played in 2007
-wussy ..................no games played in 2007
-lion .................no games played in 2007

AceRimmer..............5-0................ricardo

Strange how you don't rate someone who has humped you 5-0 in classic in 2007.

Is it because I am not Dutch?
(Our match up for the last 12 months, is an even more comprehensive 7-0 .....and yet you rate yourself a better player than me?

Heck......if someone had beat me so convincingly 5-0 (in 2007).......then I would sure as hell think they were a consideration for any top 6 list.

I thought you were intelligent?

Every conclusion should be backed by reason and logic!

Unfortunately I see little reason or logic for you placing yourself ahead of me in classic, duell, barrage or UL.
OGETARTS
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 06.09.2007 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO of course

Best player = playa1

My next five in no particular order:

DarthRemark
Wellington
AceRimmer
Wussy
ricardo90

OGE
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 06.09.2007 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Oge's list. But I would choose Juzam rather than Wellington. Just for personal reasons (my match results against Wellington are surprisingly well)

But these are not the best players in the world. Players like Lion, Erik van den Berg (world champion), Lightwing, DerMeister, Leto, Dcannies and some others are even better than most of this list I think, Especially in real life tournaments.

And let we not forgot Esquire, in my opinion still best American player and capable of beating all these guys in good days.

OGETARTS wrote:
IMO of course

Best player = playa1

My next five in no particular order:

DarthRemark
Wellington
AceRimmer
Wussy
ricardo90

OGE
ricardo90
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 06.09.2007 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

to ace.

you're better in UL, barrage and duell, but i have my own look on our results, you must not forget i left in 2 games because you were playing so ........ slow that i didn't want to play anymore ( i'm not the only one who thinks about it like this way )

maybe i didn't play these guys much this year but certainly that i know they are one of the best players in the whole wide world. i think i can say that i'm better then you. maybe not in our games but atleast in very much games, anyway i already proved myself to be one of the best players in the world, you didn't, did you ?

gravon is a site where i can practice a lot. i don't play so serious on internetsites like you do. for me its fun and practicing for my tournaments. try new setups and new styles etc. maybe that could be the reason that i'm not in the top 3 of gravon ? i think so

if you want to see who's better between us. come to the next world championships and we'll play on board ok ? maybe not in the tournament self but atleast in a normal game. then we'll see how or what

but for this moment. i don't see you as a very good player. sure you can play well, but many people here from holland and germany does not even play serious, only because they're practicing for the real tournaments.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 06.09.2007 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricardo:
Yes, I agree that in UL, barrage and duell I am better than most.

Classic............... it is harder for sure to be so dominant.

But to think I am some kind of chump, because I have only played a few real life tournament games....is very much off the mark.

Quote:
you must not forget i left in 2 games because you were playing so ........ slow that i didn't want to play anymore ( i'm not the only one who thinks about it like this way )

Dude, that is the lamest excuse!

From memory.......you were demolished in all 5 games. They were not even close.......as Sadistic would put it......BLOWOUTS!
As for your claim.....I was playing slow.....blah blah blah........apart from the setup time.....you only lasted a few minutes in each and every game......before you forfeited.

Quote:
gravon is a site where i can practice a lot. i don't play so serious on internetsites like you do. for me its fun and practicing for my tournaments. try new setups and new styles etc. maybe that could be the reason that i'm not in the top 3 of gravon ? i think so

Thats's BULL and you know it!
You are a self confesed rank hoe. You admitted to it in a previous post.
You like winning!
I have no problem with that, but don't say you could be top 3......when you can't.
If you want to play practice games, then I suggest you do as most do......and play those games unranked. For me and many players, you should not play ranked games unless you are playing for real.
That is such a lame excuse......." I don't play for real on Gravon" BULL........you are too competitive to not try to win.

Quote:
but for this moment. i don't see you as a very good player. sure you can play well, but many people here from holland and germany does not even play serious, only because they're practicing for the real tournaments.

Maybe there are a few players who may do as you say......but I would suggest many do play seriously. It is always an excuse to say........I did not play for real.......when you lose.
I would suggest all GOOD Stratego players are very competitive. They want to win and will try to win the game (in a fair manner of course). Stratego is very competitive.
Whether it is a friendly game on your kitchen table against your DAD......or whether it is on Gravon against other players.....ranked or unranked.....you will still try to win. The only difference in real life tournaments......is that the stakes are much higher.
ricardo90
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 06.09.2007 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said ace, sure i play to win here. but not serious enough like i should be. i practice alot and if thats ranked or unranked it doesn't matter to me. sure i give about the ranking and sure i want to end up high and i also dislike it to lose, but never say that i don't practice because everybody knows i practice alot on gravon, thats why i were 2nd on the world championships 2006. just by many practice here. new styles, trying new setups etc. but i don't play so serious here as i play on tournaments and if you don't believe this, ask lightwing or playa1 or who else who ever played me before on tournaments.

the games i played you. 2 games i went lotto for sure because you were playing so slow... when you play slow its nerving me and then i will lotto much faster, when it are bombs i give up, so i can use my time better to play people who want fast games, this happened 2 times. no excuse or whatever and believe what you want, because i know the thruth and it looks like that you don't know it.

its not that i think you're chump because you just played a few reallife tournaments, but your playstyle. ( for me, can't explain why )

and when you think i only placed dutchman by purpose, you're wrong.
i didn't even saw i only added dutch people. there are good players who come from many countries but i just told what my list of players was who i see as the best players of gravon and the world wide world. and maybe it looks a little arrogant to place myself in it, but i think i already proved it the last 2 years
skywalker
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 07.09.2007 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys,
as you know although i stopped playing i'm still reading the forum from time to time and this post made me really laugh.
ace, you know you're arguing with a teen, do you? not sure why it matters to you what he thinks.

ric, we all know that nobody likes to lose, including you. all this rubbish about "playing online just for practising" is absolutly nonsense. don't tell me you make a new setup and the first time you try it out is against a top 10 or even against a top20 player! again rubbish! never ever would you play just for fun against sadi, playa1, ace or whomsoever.
you played ace 11 times in 3 (!) years. 1 game every 3 month... similar among of games against juzam, ambiorix and other top20 players and you want to tell us the outcome of these games don't matter to you? aha, allright!
ricardo90
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 07.09.2007 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what guys, shut the f*ck off if you don't know anything about me, the only thing thats rubbish, is your look on this all skywalker. i know better then everyone else here that i use gravon for practice, believe it or not and if you don't kiss my ass ok ? maybe that it will be clear for you all then.

and what does it matter that ace argue with a teenager huh ? i'm 16 almost 17 and i know enough. i can also argue with teenagers but adults aswell. i'm a human too and every human can argue with someone else, teenagers aswell. so don't think you adults are better then teenagers. especially not you
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: