SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bias towards the Americans on Gravon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 13.03.2006 23:38    Post subject: Bias towards the Americans on Gravon. Reply with quote

I am beginning to think there might be some bias towards us Americans from some of the Gravon members. I hope this is not the case, but it appears it is becoming an epidemic. Say it isn't so Sapior, or I mean Mulan, or Sapior's girlfriend named Mulan that leaves within moments of Sapior appearing and playing against the same opponent Mulan just did; and both players play the exact same style and both use the same bad language to insult their opponents!!!!

Maybe it is we do not get much respect because we have not forked over a couple of grand and flew to one of the tournaments. I know many of you in the Netherlands and Germany may think that since American players rarely play on the board that you have an advantage over us, but I do not agree. I have played both and see very little difference between the two. Same as chess. I have played in live chess tourneys and see very little between playing on the board and online. Now, my next point, which pisses me off everytime I hear it is when a "seasoned" tourney player says: "When I play on Gravon it is not real for me. Or, I am only practing on Gravon for tournaments. Or, I do not try as hard when I am online." Well, if this is so, you must like losing versus the same players online on a consistent basis.

I am trying to make plans to go to the next championship this summer. If I make it, I know I will not do terrible. I might not win it, or even finish in a top place, but I will beat some of these players that use the "online" escuse for losing a game to me. Then, and only then, I guess, will I truly earn their respect, and help end this bias we receive.

Do not worry Bounty, I made sure I posted this in the English Common Board and not the precious General Forum. I would not want to offend you again with any USA crap....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: 14.03.2006 00:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still wondering why the euro stratego community has not requested me to give a speech on the fine art of recruiting large quantities of beautiful females, at one of these tournaments. Perhaps, my glorious tales of factual conquest are more than they can handle. I just thought it would brighten up the tournament for a change.
art
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 14.03.2006 08:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd better bring the females over on the plane, if you recruit them when you get there, we'd need to bring razors with us.
-deleted870

PostPosted: 09.04.2006 04:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, nothing about Stratego is real.
It's just a game.
Sometimes a drunken game, especially at tournaments.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 06.06.2006 12:17    Post subject: Re: Bias towards the Americans on Gravon. Reply with quote

hi Esquire,

I would like to give my opinion. I think there is a small difference between playing on gravon and on the board. You can for example pretend that you are afraid, you can talk etcetera.

There are maybe a few players who do not play their best on gravon but mostly its just an bad excuse I think. I am sometimes not concentrated enouph, but lately it happens not so much as before.

By the way, there are also Europeans who not go to tournaments, I think it dont say anything about your stratego level.

If you go to the championsship I think you can end high.

And I think Bounty had no problems when you put this in the stratego forum, the other post was very different, had nothing to do with stratego, it was a political topic. Dont compare this with it.

However, you have my respect already Esquire!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: