SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World U.L. Championship 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 29.11.2006 19:17    Post subject: World U.L. Championship 2006 Reply with quote

The European Championships are complete.

The USA Championships are (almost) complete.

Time to look at the World Championships.

Representing Europe we have

Steve (France)

AceRimmer (England)

ruben87 (Netherlands)

and Startego999 (England) as our wildcard entry.

News of the players qualifing from the USA coming up soon.

The World Championships will be played in a league format.......and each player will be expected to play every other player 3 times. The player with the most wins against his opponent (after 3 games) will be deemed to have won the match......and wil collect 6 points. The loser will collect 1 point. If the match is tied (1 win each + a drawn game) then each player will recieve 3 points each.

More news about the World Championships.....including a results and tables page......are coming up soon.

Ace
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 29.11.2006 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Ace, nice.

I am looking forward to the finals.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 30.11.2006 17:01    Post subject: more info about the W.C. Reply with quote

Here are the 6 players who have definately qualified for the World Championships.

1. Steve
2. AceRimmer
3. ruben87
4. RedDragon
5. mmm3
6. Flyers7

the 7th place (wildcard place) is between Startego999 and (the winner of the Rocky v Rupe game.)

The first 6 players may start to play their games.

The wildcard place must be decided before the wildcard winner can join the tournament. (best of 3 games for the wildcard spot.)

Information about the tourney
The games will be played in a league format.
Every player will play EVERY other player.
Because it is the World Chmpionships......we will play 3 games against each player. (Even if a player wins the first 2 games...2-0.....the third game must be played.)
The reason for this.....is that hopefully the aggregate score of games won minus games lost will act as a 2nd indicater if two or more players are tied on the same number of points.
For example: if two player have 6 points each.......but 1 player wins 3-0 and the other player won 2-1......then the person who has a +3 aggregate would be ranked higher than the player with the same number of points......but who only has a +1 aggregate.

The point system is the same as in the previous championships.........i.e 6points for a match win (a match win is whoever wins MOST games out of their 3 games)
1 point for a match loss
and 3 points if the number of games won is equal (i.e. 1-1-1 or 3 draws)

Time Limits/ Schedual
The wildcard playoff people have until midnight monday 4th December (usa time) to play their best of 3 match.

The Time Limit for All the games to be played....will be 2 weeks after the time limit for the wildcard player.
i.e. 18th December.

All games MUST be played by this date. Any problems.....let me know ASAP.

Please try to get AT LEAST some of your games in ASAP.....so this tourney does not drag on.

Personally I will probably be able to play at least half of my 6 matches.......between now and Monday. Hopefully everyone will be able to fit a couple of matches into the next few days......thus getting the ball rolling.

I will put up a results and tables page.....here on the forum. You may leave results on the results page.

You may leave messages for opponents, concerning times and dates to play............in this thread.

Thanks,

Ace
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 01.12.2006 01:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am often on the evenings (dutch time) available. But I am not always on gravon, so I want to know when the other players can be there. Or at Meta? The games has to take place at meta?
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 10.12.2006 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ruben

The games can be played at either site.

Please let me know when you are available.......I have been looking for you....the last few days.....so we can play our tourney games.

You seem to have disappeared!

All the other guys in the tourney have been asking me where you are too.

Hopefully we will see you around this week.

Ace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: