SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

British Stratego Association Message Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Live Tournaments, Club and links
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.04.2006 23:31    Post subject: British Stratego Association Message Board Reply with quote

This message board has been around for a while too. But we have just opened it up to non-members. So now anyone can take a look.

The Message Board is mainly for UK players, but anyone is welcome.

If you want to discuss any stratego topics, please visit!

It's a independent site, which represents both Gravon and Meta players.

Here is the link: BRITISH STRATEGO MESSAGE BOARD

Last edited by acerimmer on 22.03.2007 13:10; edited 4 times in total
cosmo
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 07.04.2006 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ace
Fair few years ago now myself and several others hoped of the day when a World championship UL tourney would take place lonello seemed to think it would happen one day but it never did , sinse those times i myself no longer play main reason being i just got tired of the direction UL was going a far cry from the days i learned the game where you actually needed skill to win , Not so anymore 80% maybe more just charge in with high pieces get one to rescue position and lotto away which i dont have problem with , i wouldnt play that way but as i said 80% do and game after game of that got very boring most i won but hollow victories in my eyes , UL just became a lottery no fun there thats why the good players stopped playing , wsc_warrior, freak,kent,pac,snellic,GH etc etc now i dont play at mets but i imagine everyone there plays lotto ul to maybe im wrong thats something you would know about more than i .
However i hope you do manage to get a ul WC to go ahead pity it wasnt 6yrs ago lol anyway i wish you luck ace

cos
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 08.04.2006 03:31    Post subject: U.L. comments! Reply with quote

Hi cosmo

I think the day when a you can see a World Championship in U.L. could be coming very soon my friend.
I am currently just waiting to see if the I.S.F. can come up with something.

News of the Classic World Championship and possibly a Barrage World Championship are coming soon. The dates of 11-13 of August have been mentioned. But still awaiting confirmation and a full schedual.

Should there be a U.L. World Championship organised by the I.S.F....... it would save me a all lot of work. And would be extremely welcome.

As it is.......the chance's of there being a U.L. World Championship at the I.S.F. event in Antwerp seem remote.
I think the I.S.F. either do not wish to expand into U.L. events or simply do not have the time. (I would certainly like to hear Stratego's thoughts about the I.S.F.'s policy on U.L.)
Maybe we can join within the I.S.F. and work under the broad banner of the I.S.F.
A sort of sub committee to the I.S.F.

With regards to our current situation! The story so far reads like this: Last year I talked with several players about organising and co-ordinating a International Organisation for "the promotion and participation of U.L. within the stratego community" This organisation would help in all aspects of U.L. encouraging and helping with organising tournaments, finding funding and sponsors. One of the main objectives would be the creation of an annual World Championship in U.L.
The seeds were sawn last year, but with lots of other commitments the idea was shelved till spring. Our initial setup had a 3 member composite of Gravon players who had the motivation and knowledge within the game to help set this up. With my success at promoting the game on Meta......I have now opened up 2 spaces in the steering committe to U.L. meta players. Thus giving us 5 members in total. 2 solely from Gravon representing Gravon's U.L. players and 2 players solely from Meta representing Meta's U.L. players. And me who represents Both sites.

There is alot going on in the world of U.L. .......and with the motivation and determination of the players .....we will see a world championship. So get practising.

As for your point about Meta players (probably) being UL lottoers. Far from it. Guess who was doing the teaching. Damn carbon copies of me.
I taught it the non-lotto way.

Whether we get a U.L. World Championship this year or not (hopefully this year)....I want to see you at the National Championships.
(To anyone who hasn't read the British Stratego Association's message board) There will be a UK online National Championship this year. It will be a prelude to a real life National Championship which could take place in the very near future.

Ace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Live Tournaments, Club and links All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: