SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mind Sports Olympiad Stratego event 19+20 Aug Manchester,UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leto
User

PostPosted: 18.07.2005 23:54    Post subject: Mind Sports Olympiad Stratego event 19+20 Aug Manchester,UK Reply with quote

Hi All,

This is an invite to all international players:

At 19 and 20 August 2005 the 9th version of the Mind Sports Olympiad will be held. One of the many events will be Stratego tournament.

Stratego has had a very succesfull tournament on MSO 3 times so far and we try to make this the fourth. Because there is no world championship this year, we also try to make it the most prestigious tournament of the year. You can win awards for yourself and for your country.

A group of players from various countries, supported by the recently created British Stratego A$sociation is organising the tournament.

There are 3 events:

1 World Championship Barrage
2 Classic Olympic tournament (junior and senior players)
3 The Stratego World Team Championship

I hope you are interested to play. More info can be found in English or German at www.stratego.org.uk

Please ask me when I am online if there are any questions.
leto

PS Special invite goes to MasterShinan who wants to be the worlds best barrage player and is practicing for it right now

Last edited by leto on 20.07.2005 23:15; edited 2 times in total
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.07.2005 18:08    Post subject: Mind Sports Olympiad Stratego event 19+20 Aug Manchester,UK Reply with quote

Hi
As you might expect, i think this is a excellant idea and look forward to playing against some of the best players in the world.

As the top ranking British player on Gravon and a very keen Stratego player, i was asked if i would like to be a part of the British Stratego A$sociation.
I am now a part of the British Stratego A$sociation, so if i can help with any questions that you need answering, please contact me.

I live to play Stratego, and would find it difficult if i could not do this(as many of you would, i expect). The lack of a world championship this year was a massive dissapointment to me, as i expect it was to many players.
Let the stratego players of the world pull together and make this a world class tournament, that people were proud to take part in.
I look forward to seeing many of you there!
I will not win the tournament, but i will enjoy the experiance and i will be having lots of fun.

And then there's always the party afterwards
leto
User

PostPosted: 05.08.2005 00:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news for Manchester fans:

We found some extra sponsors and can now offer Junior players 50 Euros towards their cost.

Also all players will be able to obtain a great sweater for free (terms and conditions apply

Leto
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.08.2005 01:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a stratego sweater
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mind
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 05.08.2005 20:39    Post subject: some guestions Reply with quote

Hi I want to come with min. 2 Players, so we have some questions:

1) Where can we sleep free/ Or is there a cheap but good accomodation ?
2) When does it begin/ends ?
3) How can we get there ?

greetings mind
leto
User

PostPosted: 06.08.2005 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mind,
Have a look at www.stratego.org.uk for the details. There is a german version of the invite there or talk to me when in the game room for more details.

Im sure I will be there tomorrow. Now off to play some real life games...

lto
leto
User

PostPosted: 06.08.2005 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for Esquire, if you come to Manchester and play you will get a Stratego sweater of course.
OGETARTS
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 22.08.2005 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an update on the tournament? How did everyone do? Who were the winners for each event??

Thanks,

OGE
leto
User

PostPosted: 25.08.2005 00:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results are now online at www.stratego.org.uk . Have a look and see if you can find them
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 25.08.2005 00:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you put names next to pics. Maybe even their online names?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: