SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very sad news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 15.09.2021 01:37    Post subject: Very sad news Reply with quote

Hi Stratego players,

today very sad news reached us. Our Admin colleague Ruben peacefully
passt away last night at his family house.
A lot of players know Ruben from online and live tourneys. He was always
busy in the Stratego community and a very friendly and nice person.

He informed us in July that his health was very bad and disturbing.
So he took a break from organising tourneys and admin stuff.
We didnt know that his situation was so bad.

Ruben van de Bilt was only 34 years old. He will be sadly missed.
Our condolances goes to his Family and friends.

Stratego

vertigo

PostPosted: 15.09.2021 07:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible news. I feel devastated. I'll miss Ruben, I really will. He was a wonderful person. My condolences to his relatives.
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 15.09.2021 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

An online condolence has been opened with photos where you can also leave a message for the family: www.memori.nl/ruben-van-de-bilt
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 15.09.2021 23:49    Post subject: Sad news Reply with quote

Ruben will be sadly missed. He was a lovely person and someone I would describe as a friend. We have played many games of Barrage together and this was his favourite version of Stratego. I can’t recall a World Championship Stratego event where he was not there. The World Championship will not be the same without the big man. Together with Ruben, we tried to organise the Barrage World Championship alongside the Classic WC. He was a terrific player in Barrage and even became the World Champion of Barrage in 2014. That year he also finished top 3 in the World in Classic.
He will always be remembered and forever missed.

My condolences to his family and friends.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 23.09.2021 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only just seen this - very sad news, Ruben has been here as far back as I remember and I arrived in 2005. Always dependable as someone to message if you had a problem with another player, and a very tough opponent on the field too. How sad as well, just 34 - so young. I am sorry for his family. Just a few months ago we were posting messages on here about the game, I had no idea he was in poor health. Was it Covid related, do we know?
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 25.09.2021 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be a nice touch to name one of the battle rooms after Ruben, as is the case for Gentleben and Unbiasbob. Would this be possible? Even room 200, the very first room - as it is not currently named after anyone.
jensneuij
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 16.10.2021 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:
I think it would be a nice touch to name one of the battle rooms after Ruben, as is the case for Gentleben and Unbiasbob. Would this be possible? Even room 200, the very first room - as it is not currently named after anyone.

Very good idea Samuel, I think that would be nice. And no, his death was not Covid-related. He had a heart defect and muscle disease which weakened his body over time.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.10.2021 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like this has been done - room 202 is now called Ruben's field of honor. I think that's great. Thanks for the update jens on cause of death - not that it makes it any better, but good to know what happened. Poor bloke, must have been awful knowing he wouldn't live very old.
warlock

PostPosted: 01.02.2022 06:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just seeing this. We had been emailing each other back and forth and he stopped answering. I just thought to check here now and I'm seeing this. Ruben was my first friend on Stratego.com. He was so welcoming. He also helped me out getting started on gravon, and he even gave me some really great tips about the game. I already miss him. Eternal Ruben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: