SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is winning advantage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sir_richard

PostPosted: 23.02.2017 18:56    Post subject: What is winning advantage? Reply with quote

I cannot find any instruction manual on Stratego. First, what is winning advantage? I.e. when should I surrender? If I blown up my Marshall on bomb, bad enough? Or, if I lose some pieces, how many and what kind, before I surrender? For example, in chess, lose a piece, then may resign; lose a pawn, maybe fight on for a while, but lose another, then resign. Sir Richard
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 23.02.2017 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

it always depends of the situation at board. if you loose marsh and gen in an early game, you can surrender.
in later games marsh is not that important, also you can go crasy and beat all pieces of your opponent as long as you can.
1 out of 100 you hit a free flag and get a lucky win.

i would not surrender till i have a chance to hit other pieces or fire my scouts
at pieces in backline. if all ways are closed and no chance to get through, then
i dont waste my time or the time of the opponent.

if you play with clock, you should check if you can claim a draw by time before you surrender.

greets
stratego
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: