SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Message for the UK Players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukdevilz
User

PostPosted: 21.02.2014 16:38    Post subject: Message for the UK Players Reply with quote

I know I haven't played recently (quite a few months) but I'm finding time to play a bit more at the moment...

It's sad to see not many British players here STILL as I feel that the UK Players really bring something to the game for example AceRimmer and Samuel... what happened to BlackSheep though?

I'm running out of ideas there is another website stratego.com with a few UK Players and good ones at that (a lot better than me!!!) I've asked them to play here as the quality of players is a lot better especially the Dutch and Germans not to mention the Americans here are very good too!

Online wise how do we advertise this more?
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 21.02.2014 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some other British players around who enter the board game tournaments from what I understand, but they don't come on here for whatever reason. Sir Dragonet pops up occasionally but that's about it. Im not sure where Blacksheep went, he was dead keen but hasn't been on for a while now.
blacksheep
User

PostPosted: 21.02.2014 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still around devilz. I just haven't had so much time to play recently. I like to watch a game or two even if I don't have time to play.

The funny thing is, I was thinking exactly the same thing as you - surely there must be more GB players around. I just don't think Stratego is so widely known here as it is on the continent or in America.

I did post a piece a while ago about how Gravon doesn't appear near the top of the list when you google 'stratego' - maybe that's why GB players don't find it? There must be more players than the few I know about.

But I will play a few ranked games soon. And talking about missing players, what's happened to Bajoshua? He used to play shed loads of games! And he was getting quite good too.

One other thing - if Tomba hadn't had that last scout, you would have won that game and it wouldn't have been a draw But hey, that's what makes the game fun.
ukdevilz
User

PostPosted: 22.02.2014 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe I beat Tomba in the game after

Well I will do some advertising and hopefully we will see some decent UK players join on here and be a match for the other countries

Samuel and BlackSheep we need to play a game soon I'm going to be online tonight
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 22.02.2014 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope to see you back in action soon Blacksheep!

I think it starts with the board game - but these days kids don't seem to play board games much. That's how I got into it anyway, had the game as a kid and then all these years later stumbled across the game here. Having played it before I think makes a big difference than trying something for the first time and obviously being terrible at it to start with - that can put some people off. So for me the key is to increase sales of the board game to kids, but good luck with that!
blacksheep
User

PostPosted: 23.02.2014 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to show a friend at work how to play quite soon. He says he likes board games and I've already shown him the basics of the game and the Gravon/Statego setup, so we may have a new player. It's early days and I don't want to jump the gun, so we'll see how it goes.
sir_dagonet
User

PostPosted: 30.03.2015 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Devilz

I will be playing more often now too.

I sold the business in England and have emigrated to Dubai. I was stolen away from Stratego by a game called Poker (!) but my VPN dropped out whilst I was playing poker recently and my poker account has been blocked (apparently playing poker here is illegal) :S

Samuel, there is no 'R' in Dagonet!! He was a knight from the table of King Arthur but he also doubled up as the jester... quite fitting when you know how loosely I can play my spy!

Hope to catch you all for a game soon.

BTW: The new site is absolutely bobbins. The issues go way beyond the glitches posted on their forum. Disconnects, insufficient time to get back after a disconnect, draw refusals, ignorant chasers, crappy programing that doesn't prevent chasing, broken graveyards (and that's just off the top of my head). It has nice graphics and you can play on an iPad... end of. The word will spread about Gravon amongst the players that demand better (and the likelihood is, these will be the better players!) For now, they are bringing Stratego to the masses and that will only be good for the game long-term. Think of Gravon as in 'stealth mode'... the cream always rises.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 30.03.2015 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duly noted Sir!

I tried the other site recently and hated it - adverts, distracting graphics, timed waits for games etc. It's much better here, perhaps those who use both can encourage some of the players there to give this a try. I'm coming up to 10 years playing here now, its quite incredible really. I keep worrying that one day the site might cease, I mean nothing lasts forever right? I don't think it would be the same playing elsewhere!
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 20.04.2015 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

what happend with acerimmer, he was not online since more than a month
and does not reply to emails.

any information from uk players?

greets
stratego
blacksheep
User

PostPosted: 21.04.2015 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stratego

I also noticed that AceRimmer is not on this years rankings. The last I heard from him was when he was organising the Mind Sports Olympiad in London in August this year. That email was on the 11th March 2015.

But Ace is not the only player noticeable by his abscence. There are quite a few players who were here last year, but are not on the rankings.

Perhaps people don't have as much time as they used to.
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 21.04.2015 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

its not about playing, he is absent from all. no emails, no gravon, no facebook.

hopefully nothing serious happend.

greets
stratego
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 21.04.2015 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratego wrote:
hi,

its not about playing, he is absent from all. no emails, no gravon, no facebook.

hopefully nothing serious happend.

greets
stratego

I share your concerns. Hope everything is ok.
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 21.04.2015 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I hope Ace is ok.
zoro
User

PostPosted: 22.04.2015 05:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not worry guys!
Richard is fine. I just noticed that he was online in facebook before 3 hours.
Probably he has his own reasons to stay out for a while.
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 22.04.2015 08:26    Post subject: great Reply with quote

Thanks Zoro, glad to hear he is OK. Really nice guy and excellent player.
Best Regards, TP
zoro wrote:
Do not worry guys!
Richard is fine. I just noticed that he was online in facebook before 3 hours.
Probably he has his own reasons to stay out for a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: