SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who is your toughest opponent?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 11.12.2014 17:05    Post subject: Who is your toughest opponent? Reply with quote

For me, I would have to say Sohal. I have not played Hielco enough times to rate him but Sohal gives me more trouble than any other player. While he is not the most creative player, I cannot lead him into trouble, he has excellent skill at finding information and it is very hard work beating him.

In the few games I have played Hielco, he has been very difficult with very good skill at taking my less valuable pieces. However, I think if I played him some more times, I would get a feel for his rhythm and have better success at overcoming him.

Zach and GrizzlyBen are do or die players. They either take me out or I take them out but with either, you have to be careful even when you are ahead (especially Zach) or before you know it, you are not ahead like you thought you were.

I have not played Lightwing in ages so I cannot rate him but we all know he is among the best, if not the best. Based on his ability to win the important games/tournaments, I consider him to be the best player of all.

Rapunzel is a very good player but he has become a lottoer and we all know what that means. There are lots of other good players but I have not played them enough to rate against me. Besides, most players have to play me several times before they can beat me with any consistency and nobody dominates me.

Who is your toughest opponent?
sohal
User

PostPosted: 11.12.2014 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about playa1 and acerimmer ?
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 11.12.2014 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are both excellent players but Playa1 does not play here often and Ace Rimmer's tactics, while very successful against most players, usually get him in trouble against me. His end game is excellent to say the least and he is a very likable fellow.

I played Playa1 a long time ago here but not recently.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 12.12.2014 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fighter
zach21
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 17.12.2014 00:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it gets to end game:

AceRimmer

Strong defenders but not necessarily as creative but strong tactically:

Sohal
Sadistic
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 26.12.2014 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach, I have to say that you are also one of the toughest opponents for anybody, regardless of style.
sohal
User

PostPosted: 30.12.2014 09:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadi,
you have to say Hielco (aka Freddykrueger) is your thoughest opponent

http://www.gravon.de/gravon/stratego/pvsp.jsp?nick1=sadistic&nick2=FreddyKrueger&pvsp_subgid=7&pvsp_ranking=2
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 30.12.2014 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

sohal wrote:
Sadi,

http://www.gravon.de/gravon/stratego/pvsp.jsp?nick1=sadistic&nick2=FreddyKrueger&pvsp_subgid=7&pvsp_ranking=2

Holy macaroni , that is some unprecedented crushing defeat!
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 30.12.2014 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

sohal wrote:
Sadi,

Not at all. He won 2 of those games with blind lotto when he was losing because he was trying to play me in a technical game (can't beat me that way). In one of the other games, he got lucky and jumped out to a big lead. There was really only one game of the four that he earned. Luck was on his side (along with good ability) but in no way did he outplay me. Such games, although they may look convincing on paper, mean nothing. I will get him back, sooner rather than later.

Secondly, Sohal, it is quite nerdy to be researching such things. You might want to spend your time more wisely, no? I'm happy to disclose which opponents are the most difficult for me. Hielco is not an easy opponent but mostly because he lottoes and has a way of getting lucky when he does. He cannot match me in a technical game and always lottoes before the end game.

You or Zach are harder work for me. Hielco ran off a lucky streak yesterday, that's all. Having said this, a lesser player would have fallen for some of my traps/tricks and he did not so he did well in that respect.
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 31.12.2014 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the last few days, I am going to have to add in Hielco after all. He has been butchering me, although this does not change the fact that he is a dick head. LOL.....He has improved quite a bit although I blew a few of the games and he lottoed out a few wins as well. Even so, a lesser player would not have won so many games. Too bad he is such a dork and probably hasn't felt the soft skin of a woman in at least a decade.

You euros really need to cool up. The only ones I have encountered who were not dick heads were Wussy, Lighty, Edbomb, Ace and fighter. God help the rest of you goons.
keyser_soze
User

PostPosted: 24.01.2015 20:37    Post subject: sadistic...very tough Reply with quote

sadistic is the toughest I played
ukdevilz
User

PostPosted: 06.02.2015 03:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me;

1) ACE
2) Blacksheep and Samuel
3) no chance
jensneuij
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 18.02.2015 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's Garulfo, very good player on itself but it's also his playing style that's difficult for me.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 19.02.2015 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

jensneuij wrote:
For me it's Garulfo, very good player on itself but it's also his playing style that's difficult for me.

Yes, and he is doing tremendously fine this year. He will probably succeed me in best Dutchman of the year, here.

edit: oh I forgot FreddyKrueger, would be very hard then .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: