SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stratego Team Cup in Holland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 19.01.2015 16:56    Post subject: Stratego Team Cup in Holland Reply with quote

Next Saturday (24 jan.) will the Teamcup take place. This is a great tournament in Holland were we battle in teams of 4 against each other. There will be at least 40 participants this year, maybe up to 50! Also there will be a German team this year, just like in 2007! Many Gravonians will participate.

I expect:
JFK, Lightwing, General_E, DcAnnies, Andi, Psychonaut, Leto, Wussy, Noes, JVG, grotebeer, Lion, Pharos, Bounty, Jensneuij, Playa1, Garulfo, Katama, Lonello, Bom, myself and I might forget even some .

Results will be posted!
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.01.2015 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's odd that most of these players are no longer active here.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 24.01.2015 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a very good, exciting and enjoying tournament, if you ask me. There was probably a record number of (old)-gravonians. Unfortunately the team from Amsterdam couldnt make it due to the weather but all other names (aside from Leto and grotebeer) where present. Including top notch referee: Dieter aka Stratego.

Each round consisted of 8 teams playing each other, that make 32 players. + 4 players have a free round and can take a break. The last round our team ''The Scouts'' or in Dutch: ''De Verkenners'' needed a victory against ''Napoleon'' to win the tournament. We were ahead 2-1 and 31 players were done with their games and were drinking something or watch the last game running: JvG against me. Within 2 minutes before the time was over he grabbed my flag .

Final standing:
1. Weg der Victorie (road to victory) (with lightwing, General_E and JFK and George Franka (they won 7 out of the last 8 editions!)
2. Verkenners (with bom, lonello, maxroelofs and me) (equal points but lost the matchup 1st round vs Weg der Victorie).
3. Baronnen (with playa1, Garulfo, Lion and Katama)

Not to forget that Die Hanggannies from Germany and Napoleon played very good and finished very close to the others. Andi was the best tournament player, he was the only one who won all his matches!

Last but not least: DCAnnies won the lottery, a great Stratego Vintage game .

sadistic wrote:
It's odd that most of these players are no longer active here.

What do you mean (by ''odd'')
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: