SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Results Dutch Championesships stratego

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 17.11.2014 00:21    Post subject: Results Dutch Championesships stratego Reply with quote

This Saturday the Dutch National Championsship stratego took place. There were a lot more participants than the years before and we had a great time!

Tim managed to get the double this year (after the WC) and won with equal points as Pim but better buchpoints. New on the top on gravon, Hielco got the 3th place and proved to be one of the best, also on the real battlefield, off-line!

1. Playa1
2. Lightwing
3. FreddyKrueger
4. George
5. JVG

Juniors:
1. Sem van Geffen
2. Djelano Noordman
3. Vince van Geffen
(Its in the family )

Garulfo placed 7th, I was 8th, Lion was 10th, Katama 11th, bom 13th, noes 17th, jensneuij 22th (win against me!), theprodigy 29th and many more were present as referee (rosbos and hardrainlenny) and visitor (lordoftheages).

I might forget some players who joined gravon recently!

compl4te results http://kleier.net/cgi/tourn_table.php?eid=473
sohal
User

PostPosted: 17.11.2014 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for reporting ruben
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 23.11.2014 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ruben. Lightwing's consistency never ceases to amaze me, especially considering the luck factor and the reality that several players in those competitions do not make many mistakes. Playa1 is also quite consistent but he does not play online and I suspect it is because he does not want other players getting used to his style/tendencies.

Of course, when i think about Playa1, I cannot help but recall a game when I had him bloodied on the ropes in a game, but I had to go to work. I asked him to forfeit because he had no chance at all but instead, he began to stall each and every turn, knowing that I would have to leave Gravon to go to work. I did not expect such poor sportsmanship from him but I guess the beating that I gave him, was so demoralizing, that he simply wasn't in the right state of mind. Some speculate that this thrashing was the reason why he stopped playing here and the bone shaking fear that he might run into me again on the gamefield. When I consider how devastatingly evident my higher intellect was in that game, I consider it a miracle that Playa1 can somehow summon up the nerve to play in competitions but I guess, he knows that I won't be there. If I showed up one day, I would expect him to suddenly and unexplainably, revoke his participation in the event.

Beloved fans, it is a good thing that these euro tournaments continue but lets put them in perspective and remember that without King Sadi, how valid are they, really?
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 23.11.2014 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadistic wrote:
Thanks, Ruben. Lightwing's consistency never ceases to amaze me, especially considering the luck factor and the reality that several players in those competitions do not make many mistakes. Playa1 is also quite consistent but he does not play online and I suspect it is because he does not want other players getting used to his style/tendencies.

Of course, when i think about Playa1, I cannot help but recall a game when I had him bloodied on the ropes in a game, but I had to go to work. I asked him to forfeit because he had no chance at all but instead, he began to stall each and every turn, knowing that I would have to leave Gravon to go to work. I did not expect such poor sportsmanship from him but I guess the beating that I gave him, was so demoralizing, that he simply wasn't in the right state of mind. Some speculate that this thrashing was the reason why he stopped playing here and the bone shaking fear that he might run into me again on the gamefield. When I consider how devastatingly evident my higher intellect was in that game, I consider it a miracle that Playa1 can somehow summon up the nerve to play in competitions but I guess, he knows that I won't be there. If I showed up one day, I would expect him to suddenly and unexplainably, revoke his participation in the event.

Beloved fans, it is a good thing that these euro tournaments continue but lets put them in perspective and remember that without King Sadi, how valid are they, really?

Well I cant be in for the validity without Sadi . What I can say is that Playa is playing on the other site. He recently played a visible game against FreddyKrueger and recorded it.

Does someone have the link?
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 24.11.2014 00:49    Post subject: link Reply with quote

Hi Ruben, here is the link (I typed playa1 and satan into youtube's search box):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HObo02wLc_8

and here is the link to the jazz-funk classic Primal Scream by prodigal trumpeter Maynard Ferguson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2QxehKabIY

ruben87 wrote:
sadistic wrote:

Well I cant be in for the validity without Sadi . What I can say is that Playa is playing on the other site. He recently played a visible game against FreddyKrueger and recorded it.

Does someone have the link?
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 24.11.2014 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great combination, Table
sohal
User

PostPosted: 24.11.2014 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

playa only plays tournament game on the other site
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 27.11.2014 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

The graphics are so bad on that youtube video, that you will go blind trying to watch it. If you wish to make an interesting video, place a camcorder aiming at my house and watch what happens when I leave my house. Young and beautiful women, rush out from behind neighborhood bushes, garbage cans and sheds, disrobe themselves and offer their goods to your hero.

Only a putz would waste his time watching two nerds grope over a board game.
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 11.12.2014 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

For only his first live tournament, Hielco did extremely well. I expect him to become more dominant in the next few tournaments, if he participates.
sohal
User

PostPosted: 11.12.2014 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was 5 last year.
That was his second tournament.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: