SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where's Razoa?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sohal
User

PostPosted: 18.03.2014 08:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razoa Is replaced by Sohal
ukdevilz
User

PostPosted: 18.03.2014 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to enter a tournament with the mid to lower ranking players like me lets do this!!!!
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 18.03.2014 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be really cool is if we had two simultaneous tournies going; 4 highest ranking USA vs Euro players on each side and 4 mid to lower ranking players on each side, USA vs Euro
jensneuij
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 19.03.2014 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadistic wrote:
What would be really cool is if we had two simultaneous tournies going; 4 highest ranking USA vs Euro players on each side and 4 mid to lower ranking players on each side, USA vs Euro

Yes but how would you pick the players for the mid to lower ranking team? For the highest ranking it's easy, you just pick the highest ranked players.

I think the lower ranking tournament is better to be open to everybody with ranking of less than 1500 or something like that.
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 20.03.2014 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razoa (Sohal) has regained the top spot by taking down the bear that ate him ("Twinkle Toes" Rapunzel) as well as some victories vs. lower ranked players. It has become painfully obvious that the top players on Gravon at this time are Sohal, Zach, Sadi and fonias.

Although Ace is ranked highly, he has been sleeping on that bird nest for too long and will likely be off of his game if and when he grows the balls to play again. Zacharias is a trooper and would never behave so poorly. Sohal is no Zach but at least he is playing. Bajoshua, gentleben and edbomb play the same way; bullrush in and hope to get lucky early in the game. In my opinion, such tactics are rubbish and a declaration of a lack of confidence. This is not the same as what Zach does. Zach is aggressive but looks to wear his opponent down via volume assaults and superior information. "Quick Draw" Flieger would be more highly regarded if his ranking were not artificially inflated and protected by his propensity to turn sure losses into time-out draws. Very lame, Flieger.....oh, so lame.

I would like to see some of the higher ranked cowards, getting off of their buttocks and playing more games. Lets see if their ranking is as high after 100 more games. My bet is that they will drop off the top. Tableplay is up there also and I really wonder if the euros can compete with the top Americans at this time. It seems unlikely and perhaps this is why they are ducking under tables at the challenge. Tableplay, you say?
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 21.03.2014 02:29    Post subject: participation Reply with quote

Perhaps they prefer pretty explosions and dagger animations to a site like Gravon that actually works.

sadistic wrote:
Razoa (Sohal) has regained the top spot by taking down the bear that ate him ("Twinkle Toes" Rapunzel) as well as some victories vs. lower ranked players. It has become painfully obvious that the top players on Gravon at this time are Sohal, Zach, Sadi and fonias.

Although Ace is ranked highly, he has been sleeping on that bird nest for too long and will likely be off of his game if and when he grows the balls to play again. Zacharias is a trooper and would never behave so poorly. Sohal is no Zach but at least he is playing. Bajoshua, gentleben and edbomb play the same way; bullrush in and hope to get lucky early in the game. In my opinion, such tactics are rubbish and a declaration of a lack of confidence. This is not the same as what Zach does. Zach is aggressive but looks to wear his opponent down via volume assaults and superior information. "Quick Draw" Flieger would be more highly regarded if his ranking were not artificially inflated and protected by his propensity to turn sure losses into time-out draws. Very lame, Flieger.....oh, so lame.

I would like to see some of the higher ranked cowards, getting off of their buttocks and playing more games. Lets see if their ranking is as high after 100 more games. My bet is that they will drop off the top. Tableplay is up there also and I really wonder if the euros can compete with the top Americans at this time. It seems unlikely and perhaps this is why they are ducking under tables at the challenge. Tableplay, you say?
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 21.03.2014 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadistic wrote:
"Quick Draw" Flieger would be more highly regarded if his ranking were not artificially inflated and protected by his propensity to turn sure losses into time-out draws. Very lame, Flieger.....oh, so lame.

Tableplay is up there also and I really wonder if the euros can compete with the top Americans at this time. It seems unlikely and perhaps this is why they are ducking under tables at the challenge. Tableplay, you say?

Well if Tableplay had balls he would say that he has the same tactics as you give to Flieger. Tableplay has more than 25% draws, that is unnaturally high. I think many time-out draws like he did to me in our last game (I had 4 capts he had 1 major and in 95% of his moves he attacked one of the caps, all moves of course taking 4 seconds) and I was just as happy as you are with Flieger.
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 21.03.2014 16:54    Post subject: answering unasked questions Reply with quote

I am not sure where the act of cowardice was committed. I was never asked to comment on my play, and that is why I didn't comment on it. Where did the question appear in Sadistic's post asking me to comment on my playing style ?

Here is a question:
Do I use a 20 minute clock like Flieger or an ISF regulation clock ?
Against a good player these tactics don't work. Zach routinely destroys me in 5 minutes whether I play defensively or not.

ruben87 wrote:
sadistic wrote:
"Quick Draw" Flieger would be more highly regarded if his ranking were not artificially inflated and protected by his propensity to turn sure losses into time-out draws. Very lame, Flieger.....oh, so lame.

Tableplay is up there also and I really wonder if the euros can compete with the top Americans at this time. It seems unlikely and perhaps this is why they are ducking under tables at the challenge. Tableplay, you say?

Well if Tableplay had balls he would say that he has the same tactics as you give to Flieger. Tableplay has more than 25% draws, that is unnaturally high. I think many time-out draws like he did to me in our last game (I had 4 capts he had 1 major and in 95% of his moves he attacked one of the caps, all moves of course taking 4 seconds) and I was just as happy as you are with Flieger.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 21.03.2014 22:23    Post subject: Re: answering unasked questions Reply with quote

tableplay wrote:
I am not sure where the act of cowardice was committed. I was never asked to comment on my play, and that is why I didn't comment on it. Where did the question appear in Sadistic's post asking me to comment on my playing style ?

I didnt say you were asked to do it. I just say you were a coward NOT to do it while reacting about someone who apparantly does the same.

tableplay wrote:
Here is a question:
Do I use a 20 minute clock like Flieger or an ISF regulation clock ?

No, and I was not aware he does this. Still you manage to get an comparable number of draws so it might be even more worrying. Also youre not replying on the construct which is telling enough.

tableplay wrote:
Against a good player these tactics don't work. Zach routinely destroys me in 5 minutes whether I play defensively or not.

This is a very weak argument. Zach is an unique player, he plays significantly different than other players. He is the only one who can defeat players in 5 minutes. There is no other topplayer who does this. Also better players than Zach do not destroy you in 5 or 10 minutes.

ruben87 wrote:
sadistic wrote:

[/quote]
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 22.03.2014 01:06    Post subject: Re: answering unasked questions Reply with quote

Ok. from now on I will carefully read posts about other people and made by other people and I will make an educated guess that if it is something you think would also apply to me, I will stick my nose into the discourse, take my best guess on how it might apply to me and then comment on it.

Furthermore, if I see something that someone posts about someone else and I think it applies to you Ruben, I will call you a coward for not commenting on it.

After all the best use of my time is reading through posts about other people and then trying to figure out if you might think it applies to me, and then, if I guess it does apply to me, comment about it. Otherwise, if I guess wrong and don't comment on something someone posts about someone else, that you think also applies to me, I will be called a coward.

I didnt say you were asked to do it. I just say you were a coward NOT to do it while reacting about someone who apparantly does the same.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 27.03.2014 21:14    Post subject: Re: answering unasked questions Reply with quote

No need for Sarcasm, Table. It doesnt suit you. However, you have a point here. Hope we can have a good game soon, like we did in the past.

tableplay wrote:
Ok. from now on I will carefully read posts about other people and made by other people and I will make an educated guess that if it is something you think would also apply to me, I will stick my nose into the discourse, take my best guess on how it might apply to me and then comment on it.

Furthermore, if I see something that someone posts about someone else and I think it applies to you Ruben, I will call you a coward for not commenting on it.

After all the best use of my time is reading through posts about other people and then trying to figure out if you might think it applies to me, and then, if I guess it does apply to me, comment about it. Otherwise, if I guess wrong and don't comment on something someone posts about someone else, that you think also applies to me, I will be called a coward.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: