SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For the Record....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.02.2014 18:58    Post subject: For the Record.... Reply with quote

.......there is not a single player on Gravon who can beat me without lotto or amazing luck via guessing. Ace beat me yesterday as he was getting beaten (as usual - he was 1-4 against me prior to the game) by taking huge chances and edbomb (today) lottoed in his best piece (col), took my major and others have come to this realization that there isn't any other way to beat me. If there is a single player who thinks he can beat me without taking tremendous risk and/or lotto, may he step forward because I have not experienced one. Not one.

Does this mean that I am likely the best player on Gravon at this time? Yes, I do believe so but I would have to give notice to Zach as well, with his unusually effective, aggressive style.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.02.2014 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet you didn't win last year's tournament or even take part. That would have been a good test as its unlikely anyone would win a whole series just using lotto. Hopefully this other tournament will get off the ground though as it will be an equally good chance for you to walk the walk.

You've lost 262 ranked games - may I politely suggest that if you've lost that many games to lotto, you need to look at your setups and make some changes? That's a huge number of games lost to luck. It's annoying when it happens obviously, but thankfully it hasn't happened to me as many times as that. 262 times, maybe put the bombs in different places sometimes?
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.02.2014 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not referring to last year.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.02.2014 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see, ok. Well I'll give you your 2 losses to Bolivar today - he is an incredibly skilled lotto player. Still though, 26 losses in just over a month all to bad luck is quite a lot.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.02.2014 04:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ace beat me yesterday as he was getting beaten (as usual

We both had marsh and a major and I had 2 capts to your zero capts.
( + I knew your major and was 80% sure which was your Marsh.)
Your deluded if you think your winning.

Then I took your Marsh blind with my unknown spy. Game over!

Stop crying about it ffs. It's only a game.
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.02.2014 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

acerimmer wrote:
Quote:
Ace beat me yesterday as he was getting beaten (as usual

We both had marsh and a major and I had 2 capts to your zero capts.
( + I knew your major and was 80% sure which was your Marsh.)
Your deluded if you think your winning.

Then I took your Marsh blind with my unknown spy. Game over!

Stop crying about it ffs. It's only a game.

I was not complaining about that move at all. However, you took lots of risk before that and yes, you were up capts but if I had taken one of them, you would have lost because I was up everything else.

I was more annoyed with Edbomb, who was up a few caps but down a colonel. It could have been a good battle but what did he do? He freaked out like his hair caught fire, came rushing across the board to my right side and lottoes a major in my 3rd row. Pure trash.

It's very annoying when I work hard over a period of time, only to have some wild ape come in and reduce the game to mere chance and turn it to junk.

Ace, I expect you to take chances against me; after all, I have dominated you. However, I would like to see you evaluate what you are doing wrong and make the adjustment so we can have more competitive games, rather than have you bull-rush chances and reduce the game to pure luck. Surely you have it in you or you wouldn't be ranked so highly for so long. You are a very good sport, also so I only wish the best for you.
jensneuij
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 05.02.2014 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all fall victim to lotto at times
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 05.02.2014 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course some players like lotto without cause. (sometimes they just like to see if the marsh is really there or the comments of the player when he goes crasy)

but most never understand, that beating an unmoved piece or guessing is far away from lotto. their setups are just easy to read like an open book)

in the end the better player is always at top of the ranking.

stratego
zach21
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 09.02.2014 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya ruby tuesday lottoed the hell out of me yesterday... but it was my own fault... allowing lotto is someone's own fault typically.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 23.02.2014 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done by Parker-Bowles! Nothing more annoying than when you get a good, clean cut win over someone and give them a chance to even up and they abuse it by lottoing you to hell, having realised from the first game this is their only hope. Even more annoying when it actually works. It puts you off wanting to play that 2nd game sometimes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: