SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ISF unsportiveness rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 30.12.2013 20:46    Post subject: ISF unsportiveness rules Reply with quote

Quote:
4.4 Unsporting behaviour

Examples of unsporting behaviour include:

1. To stall time by taking a lot of time to think about every simple mov
e (when playing without clocks).

2. Prolonging the game deliberately by trying to capture one or more of the opponent‟s pieces which cannot be taken because of the Two - squares rule or the More - squares rule.

3. Complaining about the opponents supposed unsportingbehaviour, while
in fact this opponent is playing by the rules. Pressing the clock during an attack before placing back the opponents piece the way it was placed
before attacking.

4. To move a piece before the opponent finished his move. In this case the
move is basically performed in the personal time of the opponent, which
is not allowed to do. Calling wrong ranks (see article 8.5).

Although the player may be unconscious of doing so, it will be
assessed as unsporting behaviour.

These are the ISF official Stratego rules which we use to play in the tournaments. Now I wonder if these rules (some are of course not relevant) also are strict rules at gravon.

I have encountered the first two. No.1 numerous of times and the admins did not support me at the time. And recently I encountered no.2.

So my question is are these rules (1 and 2 of the above list) in force at gravon?
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 01.01.2014 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

the isf rules were made for arbitration at live tourneys.

as far as game rules are involved gravon is 100% in line with the isf rules, but of course we have to notice, that online gaming has some different aspects.

in the end we all want fair sportmanship and most is mentioned in the gravon terms and conditions.

i think its not that hard to follow the simple rules for a fair game play and everyone should know them, no matter if they are written down or not.

greets
stratego
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: