SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gavroche

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 30.01.2013 00:59    Post subject: Gavroche Reply with quote

Is it just me or does this guy never seem to set the game up after you join? You sit there for ages waiting, send wakeups, and yet the game never begins. He hardly ever says anything either, but sometimes there will be a comment yet still no game! It's a bit frustrating. I've given up joining his games now. Just wondered if others found this or is he just trying to avoid playing me?
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 30.01.2013 01:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that late last year and havent joined his games since. He's terrified to play people that have beaten him it seems
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 31.01.2013 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

unbiasbob wrote:
I noticed that late last year and haven't joined his games since. He's terrified to play people that have beaten him it seems

Same counts for you bob. Its obvious you dont want to play me cause you are terrified to lose. But it doesnt matter. You dont have to play me. Nothing wrong with it. Why put these negative things about people?
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 31.01.2013 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing negative about gavroche at all, just an observation. I respect the guy and understand where he's coming from. Play you? maybe sometime or not. There's a lot of players out there. I play for fun, not because someone constantly invites me to his room and pressure for a game at times when I'm not up for a game. One thing I dont do is exactly that kind of pressuring of under rankers. You do what you want, be my guest. I say let people play who they want when they want.

as for me vs you in games we're a dead even 1-1 so why on earth would I be terrified to lose?
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 01.02.2013 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

unbiasbob wrote:

as for me vs you in games we're a dead even 1-1 so why on earth would I be terrified to lose?

That was begin 2006 when I was a little boy . You can say it also this way: You did not manage to win from me for the last 6 years. Maybe terrified isn't the right word indeed: I'm sure ''horrified'' describes your feeling better?
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.02.2013 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes well you have become a really solid player while I have stagnated on a flatline over the years. The truth is that I have no clue when it comes to playing this game

On a side note: I just joined a game with Oja. I've never played this dude b4 but he was sitting on a ranked game so I joined and worked my butt off to scrounge a victory only to find out later that he pulled the old switcheroo to unrank when I wasn't looking
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.02.2013 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Oja is a bad sport, I've had to complain about him before when he began to take 1 move every 3 minutes or so after he knew he'd lost a ranked game. Since then he never seems to play ranked though, but I just avoid him anyway.
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 09.02.2013 18:02    Post subject: nostalgic Reply with quote

unbiasbob wrote:
The truth is that I have no clue when it comes to playing this game

Bob, I feel the same way about my knowledge of the game. However I think we are both of a nostalgic disposition and garner are enjoyment of the game from this part of our personalities - I played frequently as a kid on the board against friends, family, and strangers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: