SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strategoplayer & Pokerplayer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Live Tournaments, Club and links
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wussy
User

PostPosted: 22.12.2012 01:05    Post subject: Strategoplayer & Pokerplayer Reply with quote

As a known pokerplayer I was interviewed by a reporter of PokerNews

We mainly talked about strategy in poker and the game Stratego.
I hope this deliveres fresh blood to Gravon because there are a lot of simulatities in poker and Stratego.
Gravon link is present at the end of the interview.

Unfortunatly for the majority of Gravon the interview is in Dutch:

http://nl.pokernews.com/nieuws/2012/12/on-the-button-lpc98-wereldkampioen-stratego-10672.htm
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 22.12.2012 04:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luc,

Nice article.
The used an online translator as my Dutch is not very good.

Maybe you are up for some face to face Poker in January?

I don't play much poker face to face because of work commitments, but I do like the face to face game. I think I only managed 2 tournaments in 2012.

Stratego and Poker (certainly from the Stratego players perspective) are highly linked.
So many Stratego players also play Poker. In fact there are that many players who play both, there may be a way to combine both with some kind of Stratego/Poker event, where players can play one game one day and the other game the following day.
There are other Stratego players who play less Stratego nowadays, but instead play Semi-Pro Poker. I know of at least 2 others and I am sure there are many more.

Poker I have a love/hate relationship with. Too much luck for my liking really..... but I know you will tell me it's all skill. hehehe. Poker players always seem to say it's all skill.

I will save my theories on poker till after we (hopefully) play face to face. So as to not give my tactics away.

See you in January

Regards,
Ace
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 22.12.2012 10:04    Post subject: Re: Strategoplayer & Pokerplayer Reply with quote

wussy wrote:
As a known pokerplayer I was interviewed by a reporter of PokerNews

We mainly talked about strategy in poker and the game Stratego.
I hope this deliveres fresh blood to Gravon because there are a lot of simulatities in poker and Stratego.
Gravon link is present at the end of the interview.

Unfortunatly for the majority of Gravon the interview is in Dutch:

http://nl.pokernews.com/nieuws/2012/12/on-the-button-lpc98-wereldkampioen-stratego-10672.htm

Wusster, you were a legend before that interview and shall remain. cheers
wussy
User

PostPosted: 25.12.2012 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Bob, thx Ace.

@Ace: No I also hate the fact not every time the bast hand (or best player) wins.

AA vs 72off is only a 87% for the aces....
And in january we can play Heads Up but I normally I only play full-ring tournaments.
No cash games or 6max of HU...... but I am willing to try
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 26.12.2012 12:43    Post subject: Re: Strategoplayer & Pokerplayer Reply with quote

Hi Luc,

Nice article! Hopefully it will bring some players to gravon and the stratego tournament. Its a pity I didnt experience the best times (late ninetee's) of Stratego. Hope the good times will return.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Live Tournaments, Club and links All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: