SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Giving up when you are winning?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 30.11.2009 19:36    Post subject: Giving up when you are winning? Reply with quote

Have you ever given up despite being ahead? Im really confused as someone just did that in a ranked game against me. We both had marshals but they were trapping each other so he could have traded down and that would have left him up 1 major and 1 captain, but down 2 lieutenants, which then became 3. Even so the last thing I expected was for him to give up. He had plenty of minors and scouts left too. Have you ever given up from a position where you appear to be ahead? I wasn't even close to the flag or anything either. Unless his tea was ready and he had to go?
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 04.12.2009 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it a few times when I got more important things to do yes. Never fun to do though
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 08.01.2011 05:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruben likely came up with the reason why the guy did it. When I first got ranked, an opponent was far ahead of me in a game but resigned because something important came up. Maybe he had a chance to make some cash so opted for resignation. I had nothing but respect for that person after that. I'm sure it wasn't pleasant but he had to go. He explained why he did it and resigned. There was something more respectable for him at that moment.

I know that I have done it a few times when my wife pressured me to go to a gathering of some sorts. I'd say I've done it 5-10 times in 8 years. It didn't kill me and I'm pretty sure I had a better tine going where I was going. I love Stratego but somtimes there are more important things and I started a game at the wrong time. The world didnt end I assure you

Also I will do it on my terms if I have to do it; not under pressure from an opponent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: