SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In DEFENSE of Lotto….

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 06.01.2006 23:19    Post subject: In DEFENSE of Lotto…. Reply with quote

Hello everyone. As you know by now, I am a big fan of Lotto and have utilized this technique frequently in my victories. But everyone keeps badmouthing my technique, so I have decided to write this post in defense of my marvelous lotto technique.

Lotto from the beginning of game….
This is my most prosperous approach to the game. Look at the odds. If I start off lottoing with my Marshall, I only have to be weary of your ONE spy and SIX bombs. There are 40 pieces, why should I be scared of only seven of your pieces. Plus, nobody would dare put bombs up high because this would give away too much info to the cautious opponent. So in the beginning of game I will march my marshal right into your area and kill anything that does not move out of my way. Hey I might even find your flag or General. This approach is well worth the risk. If I happen to blow up on a bomb, that is valuable info for my next move. My next move is to attack any piece with my General. Now there are only five bombs left and your Marshall to stop me. I like my odds again. So I will attack everything that is in my path of destruction. Hey, I might even be able to pick off your flag, a colonel and some majors. Near the end of this game, I will surely have all the info I need to win the game. And better yet, I will have more pieces to work with to lead me to victory. This is my favorite strategy and it is unmatched.

Lotto once I figured out your Marshal….
I also like this approach. If you are unfortunate to let someone like me find your Marshal, you will feel the wrath of my bomb-sniffing abilities. I figured out where your Marshal was hiding and bam, I take off with my marshal or general and hit anything. Not just the pieces that moved, I hit anything that is in my way to your flag. This is a great approach when I go in with my Marshal. I will eat up your General and there is nothing you can do except kill my Marshal with your spy. I do not care because my General is coming next, and he is not stopping for anything, except a bomb. Your pathetic Marshal cannot help because it is on the other side of the board, so I am safe to attack anything and everything on this side of the board. You must remember, I am not guessing here. I am utilizing my psychic-vision abilities and my “calculated” guessing that is only known to the great Stratego theorists like me; so, do not go second guessing my theories until you have your own “vision” of your opponent’s setup. And you thought only trained police dogs could uncover bombs!

Lotto because the game is slow and boring….
This approach is a little less appealing to me. Usually I am up against a cautious and bright opponent. Charging in with my high ranked pieces usually will not work well against this foe. But I know what is going on and do not forget—I can “read” your setup and I know where to attack. So under this approach, I will determine what side your Marshal is on and I will attack the other side with my Marshal or General. But I will not stop there—I will attack everything whether it moved or not because you are such a brainless nitwit that let me “read” your setup and now you will suffer the consequences. Now you ask: “How did I show you my entire setup by moving only 6 pieces and you still do not know where my Marshal is?” The answer: “Because I could tell it was your Marshal and the way you moved those 6 pieces gave me the “vision” of your setup I needed.” And if I happen to blow up on a bomb, I will just write that up as blurred vision. All psychics cannot possibility be right ALL the time. This is another approach I utilize often. Its payoff far exceeds its drawbacks. And if you are the type of opponent that tricks me into hitting bombs, this does not make you good; you just got lucky!

Lotto when I am losing and there is no other alternative….
I do not enjoy this approach of lotto as much as the other three. By rank of the different ways to lotto, this is surely the least successful approach to win. What I mean to say is that ANYONE can do this approach. And I am not just anyone; I am a man with a great mind that is able to utilize my Sixth Sense to “read” the board before this is my last option. But, if I was having a bad game, and my bomb-sniffing abilities have let me down, I will gladly use this approach as well. This approach is great for me when I am down a couple of high-ranking pieces and you cannot possibly stop all my pieces. What I do is attack all your unknown and unmoved pieces. Now this is not luck at all. This is just “reading” the board and utilizing this mystic info that I possess. Just because you think you have a good setup, does not necessarily make it a good one. Don’t you ever forget, I am one of the few that can see your entire setup before you move your pieces. For this reason, you can never make a good enough setup to stop me. In this late stage of the game, you better be able to stop me from getting to your uncovered flag, because if you fail to stop me, I am going to win.

This post is long overdue because I am growing tired of all you Lotto-Hating players. Lotto is part of the game as you know. So next time you complain about my lottoing, show me in the rulebook where it says I cannot do it.

***Disclaimer: Esquire never Lottos so this is an attempt to get into the mind of the Lotto Kings out there. No real persons were used in the making of the post, but you know who you are. Enjoy!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darthremark
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 07.01.2006 04:20    Post subject: Brilliant! Reply with quote

Good grief Esquire, you have let the cat out of the bag. Now everyone knows that a well honed lotto can win most games. There will likely be a proliferation of this tactic.
blackevil
User

PostPosted: 07.01.2006 07:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummmm Esquire you really have time to post that?? You changed friend....Stop playing for a while maybe ill have a chance to kick you butt next time
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 08.01.2006 01:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you mean BlackEvil? How did I change?? This post was long overdue.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 09.01.2006 19:15    Post subject: getting rich from psychic powers Reply with quote

Hi Esquire, you and other lotto players may as well make yourselves rich. Here's how:

1) Go to the link http://www.randi.org/research/index.html
2) Follow the instructions and fill out the forms to take James Randi's Million Dollar Psychic Challenge. Once you (or any other applicant) prove your psychic ability you will be awarded 1 Million dollars.

Please note, if you do win the challenge you will be the first person ever to do so and be a pioneer. Apparently Mr. Randi is still waiting for psychic Sylvia Brown, who said she would take the challenge on CNN, to take the test. It's only been 222 weeks since she said she would though.

Cheers, tp
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 24.01.2006 06:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tableplay, I did check out that site but they were unwilling to take my power of seeing my opponents' bombs into consideration for the $1 million dollar prize.

So, for now, I will stay boozed up on the corner of Lotto Lane. And I think I have this lotto thing down to a perfection. I am becoming quite good at it and have even began experimenting with it in my ranked games.

I will keep you updated on my latest studies when I reach the next breakthrough (being able to taunt my opponent into lottoing when I know he lacks the proper skills). Until then...
art
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 24.01.2006 07:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Defense of the Lotto:
My plan is working to a T. I am losing every game until my inception 2006 rating becomes 666. Then the beast will spring upon you. All my lotto moves have been unsuccessful to date. So the odds are in my favor, just ask Dozer and any Californian transplant to Southeast Asia. I will become attune with the mysticism that surrounds every game, and when I begin to meditate the spirits will guide me thru the tnt without effort, and at that point you better .... Oh shut up. nite.
In defense of lotto my ars.
call me Mr.Mega Millions.
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 24.01.2006 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow gravonians, Esquire has sadly gone to the other side, that of evil. There isn't any saving him now, for he is long gone and should be considered a tragedy. What concerns me most of all is his desire to carry lotto to the next level in order to torment others. Never has lotto been in the hands of such a motivated and capable individual. Past looters were merely town junkies, doing only themselves harm. However, in the possession of Esquire, lotto can become an epidemic. I already anticipate that, as your beloved leader, I will be called upon as any super hero would be. Yet, even with my undeniable greatness, I cannot accomplish this alone. I have seen Esquire's lotto game and I confess, it is terrifying. I watched in horror as he mulched one of my proudest students and admirers, into submission on several occasions. To witness firsthand, this gruesome act being executed upon my #1 prodigy was more than a little disheartening. Esquire has within his grasp the power to metamorphosize gravon into a haven of decadence and sinful excess. Beware, gravon. A dark day is upon us and he hath the name, Esquire.
art
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 26.07.2007 04:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best post ever award goes to the one we all knew as lawyer boy.
I bet he's made his first million by now.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 26.07.2007 07:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg dude, been digging into the archives I see. Or did you just do a search on your favorite topic?
esquire
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.06.2009 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a player named Zach has mastered Lotto. The odd thing is he did not lotto me until he did not need to. But he has done what I could only theorize about
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 19.06.2009 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach is now the best lotoer of gravon yes. Unfortunately it works well if you see his ranking.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 16.08.2009 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Zach twice, won them both when he hit my bombs, and realised he is a maniac and haven't played him since. Same goes for edfx though he beat me a few times and I beat him a few times before I decided to boycott (I know, I know...he must be so sad about that!). I dont even tend to bother lottoing when its my last hope if Im up against a player who clearly knows what he is doing. Against a mug it can sometimes work, but then you have to wonder why you were losing to a mug in the first place.

My favourite ever lotto win was when that idiot Mulan was around and always gave you crap if he was winning, and posted gibberish if he was losing. He had totally destroyed me and all I had left that was any good was a captain, and amazingly he failed to close off the 3 lanes and let me get it past, I had one chance and picked out the flag in his back row. I think unbiasbob was watching too and we both had a great laugh at Mulan and his big mouth after that.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 18.08.2009 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulan was quite a specimen indeed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: