SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wilco = MSP = hierik = ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faithless
User

PostPosted: 01.04.2004 03:37    Post subject: Wilco = MSP = hierik = ??? Reply with quote

Greetings to all fair players who care about this place (and just have one registered nick)

There are a few topics I could post that under, but I decided to make a new one. This is too important.

Wilco, MSP and hierik are known as unfair players. They are all very keen on Rating points and winning streaks, they are speaking the same kind of english and they were topics in the forum for the same reason:
very different players told us about the same unfair behaviour, knickles called that "Wilco-like", maybe we should call it a Wilcoesk-stuation if someone leaves and comes back after 15 minutes.
The worst thing: a friend of mine saw that all three players have the same IP- address.
So after all:
- 3 players have the same (bad) manners
- 3 players are speaking english the same way
- 3 players seem to have the same intention for playing
- 2 of them had the same tourney E-mail address
- all have had the same IP-address

Everyone may think what he/she wants, but I will stop playing anyone of them. And not only because of their behaviour. In the internet you canīt have total proof, but the circumstantial evidences are very close to it. Under "challenges" "challenge to MSP" I pointed out a few other parallels between Wilco and MSP. Maybe there comes the time when I can post the fourth (fifth) name, but anyone can see who is playing and behaving like these three nicks.
With a smile I will see which new nick arrives at Gravon in the next days, playing like a maniac and behaving like...

Suggestion (just for volunteers):
Maybe we should start posting our name and address to spion and/or at least start to show our name and place as "details" on the HP. We wanna be in the ranking, we wanna be a part of the game, do we really need this privacy that no one knows our real name?
The tableplayers are already in the net with their real names. They play tournaments and the world ranking is also with real names.
If Spion agrees he may add my name, E-mail address and the town I am from under my "ranking details". Most of the people I like around here already know my name and thatīs Ok for me.
This wonīt stop people like WilcoMSPhierik from trying to fool us again, but it makes it more difficult.

Greetings!

Faithless (Jan)
-deleted129
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 01.04.2004 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

Faithless is having a point here.

Waiting for 14,5 minute to make a move if you are way behind isn't the way to play serious Stratego.

If IP adresses from two or more players are the same, both have to be excluded from the Ranking.
This is what happened to "Achanaton" and "Luc_A" almost a year ago.

I would kindly ask spion to invesitgate this case.

Thanks and feel free to reply,

Wussy
jmb

PostPosted: 01.04.2004 22:41    Post subject: same IP addresses Reply with quote

Before excluding of rankings players with same IP address be careful. My son (WSC_Junior) and I (jmb) play on GRAVON, we have 2 computers and 2 IP adresses but we sometimes play on eachothers computer and we can be suspected of cheating and to be one player. We never play ranking games together, only unranked games.
A friend of WSC_Junior who also play on GRAVON sometimes play at home and he also plays with my IP address when he is home but he is really a different player.
So please be careful.
Thanks
jmb
-deleted153
User

PostPosted: 01.04.2004 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all !

My personal opinion is not that because for example Imperial_Jul plays at home from time to time and if you control it when it plays at home that is to say it will have address IP of my father (jmb) or mine (WSC_Junior) according to on the computer where it plays.
I do not know but perhaps they are friends who play at the same home(hierik, MSP, wilco). But if you say that they have same the bad manners and the same english speaking it's suspect.

Greetings

Junior
faithless
User

PostPosted: 02.04.2004 05:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jmb and junior!

There is no reason not to trust anyone in the first place. I also came to know a father and his son from Northern Germany whom I met personally. I donīt know if they use the same computer, but who cares?

On the other hand if there are too many circumstantial evidences that a few nicks are of the same person, the IP-address is a very heavy evidence. In the case of WilcoMSPhierik... a few people thought of the possibility that this is one person quite a time before they knew they had the same IP-address.
One of a few examples: MSP played like he had nothing else to do. Nearly 300 games in two month! Then, in 2004, he just played 21 ranked games. Nearly all against weaker or lower ranked players. He played just enough games to be ranked - No 1 in 2004 - whithout playing the really good ones. Then he totally stopped playing. Who wants me to believe that a maniac like him completely stops playing?
The Wilco nick, who started nearly the same day as MSP went on. He was extremely fond on having the longest winning streak on Gravon. So he also played weaker and lower ranked players - also totally focused on being the best. Whithout playing the best. And both nicks behaved the same way when they started to lose a game - like hierik.

So pls think about my idea of making Gravon more open. Show your name, show the city you are living in so itīs easier for spion to see if you are real and for the other players itīs much clearer who the real guys are.

Greetings!

Faithless
-deleted153
User

PostPosted: 03.04.2004 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi cosmo !

It's the Lisa on gravon
-deleted153
User

PostPosted: 03.04.2004 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

oups error
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: