SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2007 UK National Championships

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.11.2007 16:13    Post subject: 2007 UK National Championships Reply with quote

Any UK players wishing to play in the 2007 National Championships can sign up here.

There will be 5 different tournaments within these Championships.

The normal 3 of Classic, Barrage & U.L. (like in the 2006 Championships) plus the addition of 2 new tournaments.
The 2 new tournaments will be a "duell" tournament and a "supreme" tournament where the points awarded for each of the 4 events are added together to find an overall "supreme stratego champion".

The details of the tournaments will appear here shortly......(after I speak with all the BSA members and get an idea of which format they wish to use and some possible dates)
I would expect tournaments to commence around the early December......but will confirm when I have the exact dates at hand.

Cheers

Ace
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.11.2007 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all of the "New" players who did not see the results of the 2006 Championships........here are top 3 players from each event.

Classic

1. AceRimmer (Eng)
2. Brigadier (N.Ire)
3. LordFlashard (Eng)

Barrage

1. AceRimmer (Eng)
2. DelBoy (Eng)
3. SexyBritt (Eng)

U.L.

1. AceRimmer (Eng)
2. Brigadier (N.Ire)
3. SexyBritt (Eng)
againhere
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.11.2007 17:06    Post subject: Re: 2007 UK National Championships Reply with quote

i know who will win the "supreme" tournament his name is Ac.. i forgot his name
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.11.2007 02:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi againhere

I would probably be favourite for this award, but this is actually more about the average player who may not finish in the top 3 in any event.......but could still finish in the top 3 of a "Supreme" tournament.

For example......someone who finishes 4th in all 4 events could well finish as 2nd or 3rd in an overall tournament.
Giving someone (who might not finish in the top 3 in any individual event) the chance to win an award which represents their overall strength in ALL events.....is something which is should be rewarded........IMO.

A good analogy may be..........the Decathlon in athletics.
This Supreme tournament represents a player who can be good in many events.
Compared to a player who may only be good at one event.
sir_dagonet
User

PostPosted: 04.11.2007 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am able to play this time. I take it I don't have to play UL or duell if I don't want to?
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.11.2007 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you do not have to play duell or UL.......although you might have a think about the possibility of playing in all 4 events.......as this is the best way to improve your chances in the "Supreme" event.

I would certainly expect you to do well in Classic & Barrage.......which will give you a good standing in the "Supreme" event..............and with a few additional points in the Duell & UL events.....you could make a medal position in the overall event.
Have a think about it.

Talking about medals.........I have talked with Anthony about using BSA funds and the possibility of awarding top 3 positions in each event with either a medal/trophy or similar award.........in 2008.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.11.2007 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more details:

Classic, Barrage & Duell will be played using swiss system and will be played over 1 day.

Classic tournament: 2nd December 2007 1pm start

Barrage tournament: 9th December 2007 1pm start

Duell tournament: 16th December 2007 1pm start

The U.L. tournament will be played using a round robin format and will be played over a 2 week period by appointment with players.
3 specified dates for players to meet up to play these games.......have been arranged for: 1pm Saturday 1st Dec, 1pm Saturday 8th Dec & 1pm Saturday 15th December.

Classic

Classic will be 1 game per opponent.
There will be 6 rounds using the swiss system (unless there are less than 7 players.......in which case it would be a straight round robin)

The Classic tournament will be held on the 2nd of December 2007. (Sunday 1pm)

Barrage

Barrage will be best of 3 games per opponent.
There will be 6 rounds using the swiss system (unless there are less than 7 players.......in which case it would be a straight round robin)

The Barrage tournament will be held on the 9th of December 2007 (Sunday 1pm)

Duell

The Duell tournament will be a best of 3 games per opponent.

The Duell tournament will be held on the 16th of December 2007 (Sunday 1pm)

U.L.

The U.L. tournament will be 1 game per opponent.
There will be a straight round robin between opponents.

The U.L. tournament will be played over a maximum of 2 weeks (from 01/12/07 to 15/12/07) by appointment with other players.
(to help there are 3 specified meeting times to play the U.L. games.........these are 1pm Saturday 1st Dec, 1pm Saturday 8th Dec & 1pm Saturday 15th December)

Supreme

The Supreme tournament will simply be a tournament which will add the points gained from each of the previous 4 tournaments to reveal an overall player placing for each player over the 4 Stratego events.

The points awarded for each event shall be as followed.
Classic 30%
Barrage 25%
U.L. 25%
Duell 20%

For the Supreme tournament.....the top 10 placed players each event will receive the following points. (The points are awarded on which position you finished each tournament in.....not the points you scored in each tournament)

------------Duell--------U.L.------Barrage-------Classic
1st --------20pts-------25pts------25pts---------30pts
2nd -------14pts-------17pts------17pts---------20pts
3rd -------10pts-------12pts------12pts---------14pts
4th --------7pts--------9pts--------9pts----------11pts
5th --------6pts--------7pts--------7pts----------8pts
6th --------5pts--------5pts--------5pts----------6pts
7th --------4pts--------4pts--------4pts----------4pts
8th --------3pts--------3pts--------3pts----------3pts
9th --------2pts--------2pts--------2pts----------2pts
10th -------1pts--------1pts--------1pts----------1pts

Hopefully this additional tournament will encourage more participation in Barrage, U.L. & Duell.

Last year the Classic event had a good attendance from British players, but unfortunately the Barrage and U.L. participation was poor.

Hopefully with points being awarded for the top 10 finishes in all 4 events.....this will encourage a few more players to enter some of the other tournaments too......and not just Classic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: